Thursday 2 July 2020

Spurs, Shopping and Sleeping

A new customer who spotted my cards on Facebook contacted me with a request for birthday cards for her husband and for her sister. Her husband loves Tottenham Hotspur F.C., travelling and debating about whether G-d exists and what he wants from us. He has recently got into playing draughts and he loves dogs. She requested a portrait of him on the front of the card as well.
There were quite a few hobbies to choose from but since my customer wanted extra large cards, I had plenty of room to work with them all.
I have shown Elliot, my customer's husband, wearing a Spurs shirt (Tottenham Hotspur are commonly referred to as Spurs). He is sitting with his dog and and has a football next to him. Behind him is the Spurs club badge featuring a cockerel sitting on a football. I added the little speech bubble saying COYS (Come on You Spurs!), which the fans chant to encourage the team. An aeroplane, globe and suitcase represent his love of travelling and I included a draughts board and some pieces as well. Finally, I suggested using the planets and stars to represent Elliot's interest in G-d and the universe.
The second card was for my customer's sister Abi, who lives in the UK. She loves shopping, sleeping, watching Netflix, travelling and her nieces and nephews.
I have shown Abi sitting cross legged with a shopping bag in one hand and her passport in the other. Let's hope she can use it again one day soon! To her right I added some little photos of her nieces and nephews. A palm tree, aeroplane and globe represent her love of travelling. On her left is a big TV with Netflix on it. Finally, Abi is dreaming of sleeping. I have shown her lying in bed fast asleep!
My customer sent me a lovely message telling me that the cards had been very well received:
"Hi Lisa, my husband and sister loved the cards. Thanks so much for making such beautiful creations."

8 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards. You made me laugh with the Netflix and sleeping on the second card - I bet there has been a fair bit of that done during lockdown! xx

Tamar SB said...

Love the space theme! Netflix will be on all our cards the rate 2020 is going!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Fun cards with great details and bright colors

Miss Val's Creations said...

Both cards are fantastic Lisa! The palm tree must have been fun to create.

Calendula said...

Beautiful cards! You're full of creative ideas!

italiafinlandia said...

Both cards are lovely. I prefer the gentleman's one because my husband has an orange suitcase too! :)
Happy Sunday!

junieper/Jesh said...

Very much like how you did the background sky! The life style of the 2nd card person is at this moment the furthest from my mind, lol! Thank you Lisa for sharing your creations with All Seasons! Wishing you a happy-go-lucky week, Jesh

Karen Reekie said...

We are Spurs fans here so we very much approve of the first card and you did a fab job with both. You are very clever and I love the second card too!

Shareaholic