Thursday 16 July 2020

Tea and Cake

An Etsy customer ordered a card for her mum's 70th birthday. Her mum enjoys tea and cake and playing Rummikub, and she likes Robins and reading, she told me. She sent me a few photos of mum to help me create her paper portrait.
I have shown mum sitting at a little table. She has a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other. A little robin is perched on top of the book. A pink teapot and a slice of cake are on the table in front of her.
My customer was delighted when she received the card:
"Your lovely card arrived this morning in the post to brighten up my day. It is absolutely perfect and captures her [mum's] personality."
She then followed that message up to tell me that her mum was shocked when she saw the card. "You got her spot on!"

11 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

What a fab personalized card!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

the card and mother are adorable - I love her centeriece of cake and teapot-cute!

Tamar SB said...

How special. I love the Rummikub set!

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely card - I must dig out the Rummikub set; it's ages since we played it! xx

Fancyingfrance said...

What a fabulous card!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Lisa, that is fabulous! A completely personalized card like that must bring tears to the eyes of the recipients!

Chickenruby said...

What a fab card, such a resemblance and a card to keep, I'd probably get it framed. Thanks for linking with #pocolo and hope to see you back at the end of the week

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

This is such a sweet card. I love her smile and everything else in the card.

-Soma

Powell River Books said...

You sure put a smile on her face. - Margy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute card and a lovely lady!

Stephanie 139a said...

Fabulous! hope you boht had a great time celebrating. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic