Monday 20 July 2020

🎈56🎈

Mister Handmade in Israel recently turned 56. There's not much point in me trying to hide his age because it's there in big white numbers on his card! I am always trying to come up with something different for the cards I make for him. He is a fan of my papercuts (this is what I made him for his 50th birthday) so his birthday is a good time to come up with something new that could perhaps be adapted for other ages and names. This design definitely works in that way!
My hand drawn and hand cut birthday card with bunting and balloon details has Mister Handmade in Israel's age and name on it. It is lined with a blue paper inlay. If any of you would like to order a similar card, I can happily change the number and name to whatever you require.
Of course with birthdays comes cake. Mister Handmade in Israel likes Evelyn Rose's Lemon Drizzle Cake, so that's what I made him. It may not look so fancy but believe me, it's good! We ate it after our hike at Nahal Arugot. We'd earned it!

17 comments:

italiafinlandia said...

All the best!
In Finnish: Onnea!

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday to your husband. I love your papercut cards. I can't imagine how long each card must take. The blue background makes the white stand out beautifully. You are clever. #MMBC

Tamar SB said...

Another amazing papercut!

Kim Carberry said...

Happy birthday to Mister Handmade in Israel. What a beautiful card. x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I'm also a fan of your paper cuts - great card - love the blue background too. Hope he had a wonderful day! #MMBC

Catherine Lanser said...

Such lovely work. I love the paper cuts too! #MMBC

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Mr Handmade :) I love that your cuts are all done by hand, it makes them all the more special. I'm not a fan of those machines that do the cutting for you...but probably because they are out of my price range anyway. I'm with Richard, Lemon Drizzle cake is my favourite for sure.
#mmbc

NCSue said...

Wishing you many happy birthdays to come!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-daylily-garden.html, Lisa. This card is especially beautiful.

Sum of their Stories said...

I do love a good papercut! Happy Birthday to Mr Handmade in Israel!

Lalka Crochetka said...

Happy Birthday to Your Husband! Card is lovely – as always!

MIchelle @ Moms Are Frugal said...

Homemade cards are the best. They express what the person giving them really feels from the heart. I love the design too!

VeggieMummy said...

Brilliant card; your paper cuts are my favourite. The name looks so elegant and very tricky to do. We're rather fond of lemon drizzle cake too. Delish! :O) xx

Hannah said...

This card is amazing :) Happy birthday to your other half :) #mmbc

Klara said...

congratulations. the cake looks delicious.

Pilgrimage Studio said...

Happy birthday, I just started paper cutting!! With bandaids. Beautiful work! 🌟😊🌟

Joanne said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned.

Jayne said...

Another lovely card and a fab cake! I hope Richard had a great birthday. x

Shareaholic