Thursday 10 September 2020

Running, Cricket and Grilling

Danny recently turned 50. He likes his beer, particularly Tetleys and Boddingtons, he supports Nottingham Forest F.C. and is a keen runner. His wife told me that he wears a white cap when he runs and a sweatband on his arm, so I made sure to include those little details on his birthday card.
I showed Danny running on his card. He has a can of Boddingtons in his hand. The Forest club badge is to his right, while some more cans of beer can be seen behind him. Since he celebrated his birthday during the coronavirus pandemic, I added a blue mask and the coronavirus symbol in a red prohibition sign. They served as a reminder - not that he needed it - of what was happening in the world when he celebrated his 50th birthday. A big red number 50 marks his age.
Danny's wife was thrilled with the card and shared the photo, above top, on Facebook. "Thanks Lisa Isaacs from Handmade in Israel for this brilliant card." she wrote.
A new customer contacted me with a request for a personalised card for her husband's 40th birthday. He is into cricket and growing tomatoes, she told me. She asked me to include the family dog on the card as well.
I showed him, cricket bat in hand, with the dog, a gorgeous Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, next to him. A tomato plant is growing beautifully behind him and behind the plant are some cricket stumps. A big red number 40 marks his age.
He loved the card.
Finally, this request was for a birthday card for a guy who loves grilling, playing Xbox, skiing, technology and playing frisbee. I have shown him with a pair of skis in one hand and a sausage on a grilling fork in the other! A frisbee is flying towards him and a barbecue is open behind him. In the front I added an Xbox and controller and some little symbols to illustrate his love of technology.
My customer wrote on Facebook that I did a fabulous job!
JENerally Informed

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love the running - so creative and fun!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

2 more fabulous cards

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That is such a great card!

Jayne said...

Another bundle of brilliant cards! I love the little cans of beer on the first one. :) x

VeggieMummy said...

I love seeing the variety of activities on your cards. Love the tomato plant. Maybe I would have been better at running if I'd tried it with a can of beer! xx

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I especially like the image of the "puppy." What a delightful card! Have a grand weekend!

junieper/Jesh said...


great cards, Lisa! All of them. the doggie has me smiling. Feel for the first guy, to have his 50th birthday (of all birthdays(!) during the virus time.It seems like the covid has slowed down your business? That is awesome! Since it's only a few days ahead, wishing you a happy celebration for Rosh Hashanah! Jesh

the 4 M's said...

These are really fun: I love how personalized they are!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Yvonne Chase said...

I love the cards. How can I find out more to give to friends on their birthdays? Is there a website? I love buying cards for friends and I always make it a point to find a card that speaks to the person. This would be a great option.

Naush said...

I love that you put so much thought into each card.
I hope you have a lovely celebration for Rosh Hashanah (Jew New Year)
Please stay safe.
Naush

Shareaholic