Thursday 24 September 2020

Crocheting and Painting

Aly and I live in the same city but Aly's best friend lives in the UK. Her friend asked me to make a birthday card for her and I was able to deliver it to the door! Aly loves painting, crocheting, her dogs, Benjie and Rolo, and her family, her friend told me. Benjie and Rolo have already featured on my cards on a number of occasions. You can see them here and here.
I have shown Aly busy crocheting on her card. Benjie and Rolo, the family's much loved spaniels, are to her right and on her left I added a little photo of all the family and a paint palette and brushes to represent her love of painting. 
Aly loved the card and her friend in the UK declared it "amazing!".
"It's that time again" Polly wrote to me. "I would like to order a birthday card." Her husband was turning 64. She requested a papercut card with a big number 64 on it along with the message "Still loving you". She preferred a bottle green paper inlay. I added the heart.
PoCoLo

15 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

A hand delivered card - excellent service! I think your papercut cards are my favourite. xx

Tamar SB said...

Love the crochet details!
The papercut reminds me of the beatles song (:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Papercuts are still my favs - so artistic

Joanne said...

So many cute details; I love those little dogs. Thanks for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home. Pinned

Lalka Crochetka said...

very creative card for very creative person! No doubt Aly loves it :) The simplicity and perfection of the second card is amazing - great work!

Sim @ Sim's Life said...

Aly's card is amazing! That paint palette is fantastic! Sim x #PoCoLo

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Really beautiful, Lisa - as always.
I love your cards also because people look so happy in them.
Reading the post, I was wondering if other ones remembered the Beatles song. Tamar did. :)
Take care!

This is where it is at said...

A lovely personal touch to add to someones likes to the card X #mmbc

Sharon Wagner said...

Another winner! So cute. Good job.

Himawan Sant said...

Writing cards are my favorite. Made in the size of a poster to decorate the room is also beautiful.
Greetings from Indonesia.

italiafinlandia said...

Hello Lisa,
the dogs in the card are so cute.
I wish you all the best for the second lockdown in your country!

Powell River Books said...

Your cards are such wonderful personal keepsakes. - Margy

junieper/Jesh said...

The dogs in the card for the lady who is crocheting are amazing, Lisa! Had to smile they wanted the royal treatment, that you delivered the card to the door:):) The 64 card is so different! Many thanks for showing the variety to All Seasons! Have a lovely week, Friend! Jesh

Fancyingfrance said...

I love those dogs, although the whole card is fabulously creative!

Naush said...

Lisa, your cards are such thoughtful gifts for the recipient. I love how you gather important elements of their life and reflect it in your cards.
Love
Naush

Shareaholic