Monday 2 November 2020

A Family Portrait for a 40th Birthday

A new customer approached me with a request for a birthday card for her husband who was turning 40. It soon became clear however that she actually wanted a larger piece, something that her husband could hang on his office wall. The card became a framed picture showing the family of six and the cat!
My customer wanted to add some personal details to the family portrait. As well as the cat, which I have shown in their daughter's arms, two of their sons are holding a pool cue since they apparently spend all their time around a pool table at the moment. Her husband and the boys are all wearing kippot (skullcaps) and Nili, their daughter, is wearing a pretty purple hairband. Mum told me that she loves anything that sparkles and is pink or purple! Mum herself is wearing a scarf in her hair and their youngest son has a balloon with 40 on it to mark his dad's age.
Finally, the whole family is standing against a backdrop of rolling hills. They enjoyed a holiday in Yorkshire, England, some time ago and mum thought that the green hills and blue skies might be a nice reminder of the good times they spent together.
Her husband was thrilled with his picture. She told me that it was a wonderful surprise and that he was very happy with it!
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

JENerally Informed

12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love that the whole family is included on the card. Looks like a perfect moment captured for this family. #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

What a lovely card. Such a wonderful thing to have on the wall and a great present idea. xx

Catherine said...

What a brilliant idea for a present! I love this!

#MMBC

Tamar SB said...

I love it! What a special gift.

Michele Morin said...

What a treasure!

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! What a lovely gift. That really is something to treasure. x

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So sweet ... our family was three boys and a girl, so I enjoyed thinking back on those times (they are all older than 40 themselves now, so it was stretching my memory ;))).

Lalka Crochetka said...

I love your works! each of them is so special and personalized - the perfect gift!

Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy said...

That is so cute! I love gifts like this. :)

Lisa notes... said...

So cute! My daughter had something similar done for her birthday that she could use as a personalized avatar.

Jayne said...

Absolutely brilliant Lisa! All of your creations make such lovely gifts. xx

Naush said...

Lisa, I told you last time, that your cards should be framed ! That's how remarkable they are.
Love this one too.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Much love
Naush

Shareaholic