Thursday 19 November 2020

Lottie Ruby

My niece had a baby. That makes me a great-aunt! It's often difficult to know exactly what to send as a gift from abroad, especially during a pandemic when the shops are closed! I decided that a piece of artwork for the new baby's nursery would be nice and unique too. I checked out what colour her room is - pinks and peaches - and my sister, the new granny, gave me all the date and weight details.
I set to work.
I created a piece which included the baby's name, Lottie Ruby. She has a Hebrew name as well, which I added below it. Jewish parents frequently give their child both a secular name for use in general society and a Hebrew name. The Hebrew name is the name the child will be called at their Bar or Bat Mitzvah and other formal religious occasions. Lottie's date and time of birth is at the top of the picture, whilst her birth weight is at the bottom. I added a cute little "girl" bear with a bow. One of my signature little birds is sitting on her paw. Some flowers finish off the piece.
My niece seemed delighted with the piece. "Thank you so so much for Lottie's beautiful artwork! It’s absolutely gorgeous!" she wrote to me. "It's being hung up this afternoon!"

PoCoLo

17 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That is so pretty!!

Michele Morin said...

She's as beautiful as her name and her card!

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello Lisa, your work is really beautiful, cute and elegant at the same time.
Thank you for your nice comment today. Indeed, blue and white are a smashing combination in a flag. :)
Stay safe and well!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your artwork is a perfect gift even if there wasn't a pandemic.

Lalka Crochetka said...

perfect card for perfect Baby Girl!

VeggieMummy said...

That is a gorgeous card; such a lovely idea for a new baby. Lottie Ruby is adorable. xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a beautiful and meaningful gift!

italiafinlandia said...

Congratulations!
They will be happy with such a cute card.

Fancyingfrance said...

Fabulous!

Kim Carberry said...

Aww! Congratulations to your niece and what a beautiful gift. x

junie/jesh said...

The mom of the baby is right, it is beautiful Lisa! An interesting phase of life when your sister becomes a grandmother, and you are not one yourself yet:) Do you have to get used to it? Love you shared this family event with All Seasons! Have a lovely rest of the week, Jesh

creativejewishmom.com said...

Mazel tov and what a sweet gift! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

Jayne said...

Aw congratulation on becoming a great auntie, she is beautiful.
I love Lottie Ruby's artwork for her nursery, what a thoughtful gift. x

Cheryl said...

I love the idea of this being a welcome to the world gift that she will keep forever. I like that you included the time. I always forget. The picture is beautiful and I'm not surprised they liked it. #mmbc

Naush said...

Lisa, your card is so intricate and beautiful. Little Lottie Ruby is such a cute baby. May the Almighty bless her with good health. She and countless little babies like her, are reminders of the blessings we should be grateful for in spite of our present circumstances with Covid.
Thank you very much for sharing at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Anonymous said...

So sweet! It will be featured in tomorrow’s Creative Compulsions.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Catherine said...

Congratulations on being a great aunt! This is beautiful and a personalised gift is so special :o)

#MMBC

Shareaholic