Monday 14 December 2020

Horsing Around

A customer requested a birthday card for her sister in the UK. She is a riding instructor and her showjumping career is a big part of her life. She also loves her dog. My customer sent me a photo of her sister with her dog and was keen for me to include it in some way. 
I showed the birthday girl showjumping on her card. She is wearing white jodhpurs, a black tailored jacket and plain long black leather boots. I then showed her once again in the foreground, this time with her beloved dog.
"It's fabulous!" my customer wrote to me. "I am excited for her to see your art." She later told me that her sister loved the card and intends to keep it in her memory cabinet, once she's finished enjoying it on the window sill first.
JENerally Informed

10 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

What a lovely card! I would have loved this a good few years ago when I did a lot of horseriding x

Tamar SB said...

That action shot - lovely!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

a great composition with the jumping in the background and the lady and her dog in the foreground

Cheryl said...

What a great way to combine two of her loves in one card. I like the way you haven't kept it in the frame. Feels like you've just caught her before she galloped away. You've done a fabulous job on it. #mmbc

Joanne said...

That is fabulous! My sister used to show horses and this reminds me of going to see her shows.

VeggieMummy said...

Love the horse in action. Have you ever had a card request when you haven't been able to do it? It seems that no matter the recipient's interests, you always capture them perfectly. xx

Lalka Crochetka said...

your cards amaze me every time! exquisite work!

italiafinlandia said...

What a pretty card! :-)

Jayne said...

What a beautiful card Lisa and such fab detail. My friend used to have three horses and we would go and ride them most weekends. Brings back lovely memories. :) x

junie-jesh said...

My Quiche Lorrraine is a European recipe (American measurements)

LOW in oven, 425 degr. F for 25 min.
Dough
1 3/4 cup flour
1 egg
salt
1/2 cup of butter (cold butter, cut in slices. The first 4 items are (egg in middle) cut with 2 knives till they resemble bread crumbs. Then knead with cold hands into a ball. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
Then, roll out dough into buttered pie pan. Prick holes with fork into bottom and sides.
Filling: 2 layers of bacon and Cheddar or Emmenthaler cheese
Beat 3 eggs, 3/4 cup whip cream, and salt, pepper, nutmeg, and pour over layers of bacon and cheese
Variant of Filling: (never tried this one, but sounds delicious)
4 oz. smoked salmon in large pieces
1/4 cup creme fraiche or goat cheese crumbles
2 Tablespoons dill
2 tablespoons green onion (scallions)

I'll come back later for your All Seasons thumbnail!

Shareaholic