Monday 28 December 2020

The Best of 2020 - Part I


Well, what a year 2020 has been! Covid-19 has made it a very, very strange year for us all. Here in Israel we are currently in our third lockdown and most things are closed. The vaccine gives us hope, though for sure life is not going to return to normal for a very long time. However, as someone who has worked from home for many years, things have been okay for me personally. I have continued to work as normal, albeit with Mister Handmade in Israel and my youngest son home as well. My only real struggle has been the length of time it took for orders to reach abroad, primarily to the US, but fortunately my customers have been nothing but understanding. Lucky me!
In 2020 there were far fewer celebrations and those that did take place were small. I have made a lot less personalised albums this year, though I am pleased to report that I do have a few orders already lined up for the beginning of next year. On the other hand, I have been very busy with my customised cards and papercut pictures. Many people have received my cards on their birthday or anniversary and a few cards have been sent just to make someone smile! I have made quite a number of large framed pictures to mark some special occasions. I hope my art has somehow helped in a tiny way during this difficult year.


As is common at this time of the year, I thought it would be fun to collect together my Top 10 favourite designs from this past year and show them to you once again. I have linked to some other special projects I worked on as well. Have you spotted your card or picture amongst my collections?
I have also visited some interesting places, all within a short distance of where I live. 2020 has not been the year for travel - my long-awaited school reunion trip to the UK was of course cancelled and I haven't seen my dad for many months - but Mister Handmade in Israel and I have been out for some lovely walks and discovered some amazing and beautiful places which I have shared with you as an occasional travel post. I'm saving my top 10 favourite places for another time.


Thank you so much for taking the time this past year to pop by and see what's happening over here at Handmade in Israel, especially those of you who have commented, liked, shared and bought what you've seen on my blog. I have enjoyed composing each and every one of my blog posts and hope you will continue to visit and enjoy them in 2021, as I share the coming year's papercut designs and a few more of my adventures in Israel.
Don't forget that you can subscribe to my blog, and follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter and Pinterest. Oh, and please pop by my shop now and then to see what is new there.
Wishing you a safe and better start to 2021!

Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
JENerally Informed

15 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Even in a crazy year, your cards brought so much joy!

Anne said...

I always enjoy looking at your beautiful cards and art work, you have a really unique talent. I also love your tours around your amazing country. As someone unable to travel myself I love seeing parts of the world shared in photos and stories. Thank you for a lovely year of wonderful posts. x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your cards are uplifting any time but especially this year. Happy new year! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

2020 has been the strangest year ever! I am glad the vaccine is slowly been given out. It is giving me hope.
Looking at your cards has made me smile.
Take care, stay safe and wishing you all the best for 2021 x

VeggieMummy said...

I'm sure that your beautiful cards have made a lot of people smile in this difficult year. Let's hope that the vaccine makes 2021 better for us all. xx

Joanne said...

I just have to wonder how you even manage to pick your top 10 favorites! They're all so beautiful.

handmade by amalia said...

It is wonderful to see how much you've achieved in this crazy year, Lisa! Here's hoping the next one is better and brighter. A hug.
Amalia
xo

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

This is a great review of your lovely work Lisa. I’m sure it was, if anything, even more appreciated by the lucky recipients this year.

italiafinlandia said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! :)

Jayne said...

Your beautiful creations have cheered us all up during a very tough year. Here's to a healthier and happier 2021. Wishing you and your family all the very best. xx

Cheryl said...

How do you choose your favourites!? They are all so lovely. Not surprised that your customer requests have changed, during this time, and include cards just to keep in touch. That is a nice idea. #mmbc

LydiaF said...

I was glad to see a few of my own favorites in your collection as well! Your cards are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty :)

junie-Jesh said...

Great to see some cards back I remembered! The one for Lily for example. Cannot remember the wedding cards. Was not aware you were already in the third lockdown. Yes, it would be nice that that would disappear this year.The first ones have been vaccinated here. Now the waiting is how effective the vaccinations are! Happy to see your business did not take a major hit, and you are still having customers:)
Some will appreciate the reviews for All Seasons, but don't think it is a "must"- it's a lot of work:) Have a great first week of the year, Jesh.

Jayne said...

What a year 2020 was indeed! The vaccine is giving us so much hope too. It's a step in the right direction.
Your creations have definitely cheered us all up through tough times.
Wishing you all the very best for 2021 Lisa. xxx

Naush said...

Lisa, I always tell you, your cards are so pretty, they deserve to be framed.
Wishing you good health and happiness in the new year!
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Much love and see you again.
Naush

Shareaholic