Thursday 4 March 2021

The Perfect Present in These Times

There are some orders that I make that I know that I am just not going to create again in the same format. A friend asked me to make a card for her parents upcoming golden wedding anniversary. She wanted to show the whole family on the card, so we agreed that it should be an extra large card. It was only when the photos started coming in of each member of the family that I truly realised the enormity of this project! Let's just say it took me quite some time to create this card. Next time I am asked to portray a large family I will make it a large picture, not a card.
Having said all that, I enjoyed creating each little papercut person. I know some members of the family quite well, so it was fun to create their paper likeness.
The card was extremely well received and my customer told me that her parents were quite emotional when they saw it. The extended family have not been able to meet for quite some time now due to Covid-19, so my card was the group shot that they so desired.
I guess it was worth the hours of work after all!
My customer wrote me the most wonderful review:
"Lisa is amazing... We ordered a card for my parents 50th wedding anniversary and it was the perfect present in these times."
PoCoLo

10 comments:

Michele Morin said...

Oh, what a treasure!

Life Images by Jill said...

You did great work on the card. I am sure the recipients loved it. Stay safe, enjoy the rest of your week, and thank you for stopping by my blog this week. It was great to meet you.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

a family memnto - I hope you charge for all your time - that must have a lot of work

Tamar SB said...

That is just lovely! They will treasure it always.

VeggieMummy said...

That's a lot of people to put on a card! It's fantastic though; a wonderful keepsake for the happy couple. xx

Joanne said...

What a wonderful family portrait you made!

Jayne said...

That is fantastic Lisa! What a beautiful family portrait you have created. x

Fancyingfrance said...

That is an amazing card and I can imagine how long it must have taken but well worth all that effort!

Jeanne said...

You got everyone to smile and have eyes open! That's the way to do it! ;_

Stephanie 139a said...

Wow - great work - and can only imagine the challenges! Thanks for sharing with #PoColo

Shareaholic