Monday 22 March 2021

Biking in the Forest

Boaz was turning 15 and his mum asked me to make him a special card. His three sister's have all received one of my cards over the course of the last year or so, so mum wanted one for him as well. Boaz loves cycling, doing jumps and singletrack trails in the forest. He is also obsessed (mum's words!) with the family dog.
Mum sent me a photo of Boaz on his bike and asked if I could show him "in the air" like in the picture. I copied the pose carefully, adding as much detail as I felt necessary, even down to the Nike Swoosh on his trainers. Mum asked me to include their dog if there was room on the card as well. I have shown him - or her - in the foreground, waiting patiently for Boaz to finish his bike ride.
My Random Musings
JENerally Informed

13 comments:

italiafinlandia said...

This card fits me too: I love biking and I love the forests. But I just walk in the woodlands, biking is too hard there for me. ;)

Richard said...

Lovely card.

Kim Carberry said...

It is wonderful how people keep coming back to you for cards. What a great one for Boaz. x

Anne said...

Two beautiful cards. The dog is so cute, I love how you capture everything so simply yet they fit perfectly. I'm pretty sure your work isn't simple though, I know I couldn't do it. I can fully understand why your customers keep coming back to you.

Michele Morin said...

Love the shot of you holding the cycle! What an amazing construction!

VeggieMummy said...

Such detail on the bike; how long does it take to do a card on average? Love the family dog getting a look in! xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love how active this card is - just like an adolescent boy. #MMBC

Cheryl said...

Wow! The detail you've put into the bike alone. Amazing. I love that the family dog was included too. #mmbc

Tamar SB said...

What a fun card!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I noticed the action right away, it looks like Boaz is jumping a ditch with that bike. Fabulous. I bet that card is on display prominently on his bedroom wall.

Joanne said...

Another fabulous card and I just love that you have so many repeat customers. That's when you know they genuinely appreciate all your hard work and talent!

NCSue said...

AZ wonderful card. I was entranced by the one of the "bicycle in the hand".
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/03/duke-gardens-memories.html

Jayne said...

What a brilliant card and just look at the detail on the bike! And even the little tick on the Nike trainers, just fab! x

Shareaholic