Thursday 25 March 2021

Shiraz

Shiraz celebrated her 18th birthday back in January. Her mum told me that she plays the guitar, lives with her earbuds in and reads voraciously. She has been a world traveller since she was a baby, she loves making spaghetti and, finally, that she loves her Blundstones, the boots that all the Israeli kids wear.
I have shown Shiraz playing her black classical guitar. She has white earbuds in her ears. Behind her a globe and an aeroplane represent her passion for travel. A bowl of spaghetti and a small pile of books, representing her love of reading, are to her left. Her Blundstone boots are to her right. I added a big 18 to mark her age.
The Hebrew greeting on the card says ודבר בעתו מה טוב which translates as "and something in its proper time, how good it is". This comes from the pasuk (a verse, usually from Hebrew Bible)
שמחה לאיש במענה פיו ודבר בעתו מה טוב, "A man hath joy in the answer of his mouth; And something in its proper time, how good it is" (Book of Proverbs 15:23)
My customer was delighted with the card:
"Lisa's card for my eldest's 18th birthday was absolutely perfect. I can't recommend these cards enough - we're definitely coming back for more!"
Saturday evening marks the start of Pesach, or Passover, and my family and I will celebrate the Passover Seder. You can read more about it in two of my previous posts here and here. 'Chag Pesach Sameach', a happy Passover festival, to all celebrating.

PoCoLo

8 comments:

Michele Morin said...

Fun! I am seeing those boots here in the U.S. as well.

Tamar SB said...

Those boots are so popular and you made them so well!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

She looks like a fun happy young woman

VeggieMummy said...

Another great card. My youngest has similar boots! Happy Passover. xx

Joanne said...

Another fun card!!

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

I love the way you seem to capture people and their interests so well on your card. This is another beautiful one and I'm glad that the recipient was so pleased with it. Happy Passover festival to you and your family.

Fancyingfrance said...

Another wonderful card for a young woman with a fabulous name! #pocolo

Stephanie 139a said...

Another great card, thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic