Thursday 18 March 2021

Happy 90th

A customer wrote to tell me that her mum was going to be turning 90! She wanted a beautiful card to mark this very special birthday but could not decide between a design showing her mum, her sons, quilting, books, the radio or Monty the silky black cat!
Since I have already made a card featuring Monty and another showing her mum's love of quilting, I suggested that this time I make a card showing her mum and her sons. My customer sent me a favourite photo of them all together, top, and I recreated it in paper. She asked me to add a big gold 90 to the card as well.
My customer's husband and youngest son, left, came to collect the card and the son was excited to spot himself on the card. Even he agreed that I had successfully captured his likeness!

PoCoLo

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

90! What a milestone!!

Michele Morin said...

I love the connection among those 3!

VeggieMummy said...

Good choice; I'm sure she will love a card showing her with her grandsons. I hope I look that good at 90! xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

another perfect capture os family love

Martha said...

What a beautiful card, I'm sure she will treasure it!

Joanne said...

That is an amazing recreation of the photo! You have such talent.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That is a lucky grandmother ... happy family and good genes to pass down. What a lovely memory for this auspicious milestone!

annies home said...

what a lovely card a keeper for sure thanks for sharing
come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Fancyingfrance said...

What a wonderful card for a wonderful grandmother on such a momentous occasion! #poCoLo

Shiju Sugunan said...

Another one of your awesome creations, simple and truly bespoke.

Chickenruby said...

I'm always pleasantly surprised to see how much your cut outs actually look like the photo, esp when you don't add in features.
Thank you for linking with #pocolo and hope to see you back soon

Shareaholic