Monday 21 February 2022

Hair and Makeup

I have been making birthday cards for Eden for a number of years and makeup has been the theme for many of them. This year was no different. Eden's mum asked me to make her daughter a card based on things to do with the makeup and hair course she is currently taking.
Eden's mum told me that she has been working on a dolls head for hair styling. (Who remembers the Girl's World styling head of the 1970s?). She sent me various photos of the doll, which has been named Patricia! Apparently Eden was most pleased with the wavy hairstyle she had created in one photo, so I tried to replicate it on her card.
Eden is learning about makeup as well as hair, though I think she is already super talented in that department. Check out her Instagram page to see some of her amazing creations. I added some bits of makeup - a couple of teeny tiny palettes, lipsticks and a brush - along with a picture of Eden doing Patricia's hair.
Eden loved the card.
* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

10 comments:

Jayne said...

This is beautiful Lisa. I can see why your customers return for more cards, they are truly amazing!
Also, yes I do remember the Girl's World doll! x

Catherine said...

This is fabulous, Lisa! I love the tiny lipsticks :o)

I always wanted a Girls World Doll but never had one.

#MMBC

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You are so creative. Another great card! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

How wonderful that you are still making cards for Eden. What a fantastic card. x

hels said...

The idea of adding the tools of trade onto a card is very clever. But I wasn't sure if you could do it with tiny objects like lipsticks and palettes. I am impressed!

Amila said...

You are very clever and creative in making these cards. This is such a beautiful handmade card. #MMBC

Joanne said...

Such a fun card! The school where my son attends his culinary classes has a hair dressing/cosmetology program and each freshman is required to try out every shop for a few rounds. Hairdressing was his 2nd choice! He loved the teacher and had a great time working on washing the dummies hair and trying out different blow drying and braiding techniques.

VeggieMummy said...

Wonderful card. I'm old enough to remember the Girl's World doll, although I never had one. I needed something to practise cutting hair during lockdown when I resorted to chopping bits off my own! xx

handmade by amalia said...

This is such a great card, Lisa, and how nice that you chaperone her life.
I hardly wear lipstick since face masks came into our lives, I miss it.
Amalia
xo

Tamar SB said...

That card came out so cute!

Shareaholic