Thursday 24 February 2022

A Favourite Photo of Safta and Saba

This particular safta and saba (the Hebrew names for grandmother and grandfather) have been receiving my handmade cards for years. It's become a tradition. In the past I have shown Safta making her wonderful chicken soup and more recently, playing Solitaire on her iPad. Saba's most recent birthday card showed the two of them tucking into their daily grapefruit.
This year their daughter-in-law sent me a favourite photo of the couple and asked if I could recreate it for Safta's birthday card. It was actually a really great photo for this type of project. Safta and Saba's clothes were beautifully coordinated and I was able to create the card using a colour palette of pinks and greys.
I hope Safta liked her card.
PoCoLo

8 comments:

Lisa at The Storyteller's Cottage said...

So cute :)

Joanne said...

What a beautiful color palette!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

What a sweet card! Happy Birthday!

Aritha V. said...

Very nice. Well done (applaus).
I love pinks and greys in it.

VeggieMummy said...

What a great card. They look like a lovely couple. xx

hels said...

Spouse and I are Saba and Savta, and the other grandparents are Bubba and Zeida. It has worked out well.

thisiswhereitisat said...

Awww this is lovely x #pocolo

chickenruby said...

I love how you bring the people to life in such a simple way. Thanks for linking with #pocolo

Shareaholic