Thursday 10 March 2022

Big on Musicals

Aviva's husband asked me to make two cards for her 50th birthday. The first card was going to be from him. She is big on musicals, especially "Les Misérables" and "The Wizard of Oz", he told me. She likes running and she works as a dental assistant. He also wrote that she is totally addicted to social media but will claim that she isn't, so I suggested leaving that off the card 🤣
I decided to show Aviva standing in front of a stage, with the deep red curtains synonymous with theatres and the stage, behind her. She is wearing her blue dental assistant scrubs and is holding a toothbrush in one hand and a tooth in the other! Next to her are her running shoes, copied from a photo her husband sent me, and behind her are the theatre posters for "Les Mis" and her long-time love, "The Wizard of Oz". A big yellow number 50 marks her age.
The second card was from the couple's four kids. Her husband asked me to put their faces on the front of the card, along with the greeting "Happy 50th birthday Imma". Imma is the Hebrew word for mum. I have made cards for some of them before, so knew that their eldest daughter is blonde, whilst the younger daughter is a redhead, or gingie, as they are known here in Israel. The boys both have brown hair. I added a big purple number 50 to the card and some birthday balloons too.
Aviva wrote to thank me for the amazing cards and to tell me that she absolutely loved them! She then kindly shared them on Facebook, along with this amazing review:
"Wanted to give a big shout out to 2 amazing women in Modi'in who helped make my birthday weekend extra special. Lisa Isaacs for her fabulous cards. I have bought many cards from Lisa but it still amazes me how much detail she puts into the cards and how much the people on the cards REALLY do look like the actual person... So thank you to both of you."

* This post has been shared on Little Things Thursday, Creatively Crafty Link PartyCrafty Creators Link Party and Thursday Favorite Things.
PoCoLo

12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Both cards are cute - glad you left social media off!

Tom said...

...a nice tribute for one of life's milestones.

Sharon Wagner said...

The tooth fairy would approve!

Joanne said...

I am always struck by all the details you add and how alike the people look to the photos you are given to. What a wonderful review for two beautiful cards.

chickenruby said...

I always think I'd recognise the people on your cards if I met them in real life

hels said...

As a late teen, I knew I wanted to marry a gingie and have redheaded children. One of my sons turned out to be a handsome redhead and one grandson is an even more handsome redhead. You captured the colour beautifully.

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards and a wise move to leave off the social media! I especially love the tooth! xx

Tamar SB said...

These are so fun!

Jennifer Bliss said...

What a nice card! I'm a fan of Les Mis and Oz, too! I was in to crafting years ago but haven't done it in a while. I was bullied by an online crafting community - pretty crazy, eh? I've been trying to get back into it. Maybe soon! LOVE your site. Thanks for visiting mine and commenting, too. I linked you and will visit often!

thisiswhereitisat said...

The tooth fairy is so cute X #mmbc

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They're wonderful! I've enjoyed lately how you are displaying the small pieces -- like the tooth and brush in this post -- before you add them to the card. Those close-ups really show the finely detailed wonderful work you do (and also the relative size of those pieces).

Stephanie 139a said...

Your cards are brilliantly full of detail, lovely to get that feedback too. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic