Monday 2 May 2022

Soup of the Day

A customer asked me to make a birthday card for her mum. She is a pharmacist, a brilliant cook and she loves to read, her daughter told me. I asked her what mum's favourite thing to cook is. The answer was soup.
I have shown my customer's mum with a big soup ladle in one hand and a book in the other. She is surrounded by some blister packs of pills and some capsules, which represent her profession as a pharmacist. In front of mum is a big pot of soup, some pill containers and a couple of books. Finally, a big number 79 marks her age.
My customer seemed delighted with the card. She left me a message saying "My mother LOVES the card" and then kindly shared it on Facebook as well. "The incredible Lisa Isaacs made this GORGEOUS card for my mom. How talented is she?" she wrote.
* This post has been shared on Link-up Potpourri and The Good. The Random. The Fun..
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

12 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The soup pot is great, and the pills and containers are a wonderful way to add her profession. A great card!

-Soma

Shiju Sugunan said...

Another simple but meticulously planned card. Well done again!

Tom said...

...I'm almost there, I hope that I make it.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

This is really a fun card from soup to pills! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a fantastic card. You really did sum up everything about your customers mum on it. Great work x

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card and love that you made it so personal! I worked in a pharmacy for over 20 years and this is just brilliant for all those who work in pharmacy. Love it!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Tamar SB said...

That came out so fun! Love the little details, always so thoughtful.

VeggieMummy said...

I'm a big soup fan so I love this card! Excellent details as usual. xx

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Your cards are both creative and well thought out. No wonder your client was so thrilled. Beautiful.

Joanne said...

I was wondering about the cooking with all the pills; then of course I read your description and it made perfect sense! What a fun and colorful card.

hels said...

I used to follow my beloved grandmother around with a booklet and pen, writing down her recipes and dinner thoughts. Soup was always the most important start to a meal, just as your customer's mum shows.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Adorable details! I love the steam coming out of the pot.

Shareaholic