Monday 9 May 2022

Under the Sea

A lady in the US found me on Etsy. She messaged me to ask me if I could make a card for a friend’s daughter who was soon to be celebrating her Bat Mitzvah. She said that she hadn't liked any cards until she came across mine! Plus, she thought it would be extra special for the card to come from Israel.
I was happy to make one for her. 
The young lady in question loves all animals, especially cats and sea life, my customer told me. She likes music, plays the piano, dances and is in the Girl Scouts. She likes a lot of different colours: blues, purples and pinks. Her Bat Mitzvah celebration was going to have an ocean/sea life theme.
My customer sent me some photos of the Bat Mitzvah girl. I noticed that she often wears a bow in her hair and checked whether I should show her with one. My customer agreed that I should.
I showed the Bat Mitzvah girl in the centre of the card wearing a pink top and a pink hair bow. She has one arm in the air, as if she is dancing, and she is holding a cat in the other arm. Behind her is an underwater scene, with a little blue fish, a purple seahorse, an aquatic plant and a shell. Bubbles and music notes surround her. To her left are the green badges of the Girl Scouts of the USA and also the Girl Scouts of West Central Florida. Lastly, I added a piano because you can always spot a piano under the sea, right?
My customer was delighted with the card and left me a wonderful review in my Etsy shop:
"I received my customized card today. I could not be happier. It is for a Bat Mitzvah so having it created especially for her (especially since her name is never on anything) and being from Israel is super special. I know she will love it. This Etsy shop was also an absolute pleasure to work with. And though international shipping takes longer, they shipped my item out very quickly and communicated well. Thank you again!"

Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Isn't that the cutest!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Such a cute card and girl - lovely her hand raised and the color choices #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

This is such a cute card, especially the cat and the seahorse. Great work. I hope the Bat Mitzvah girl loved it too. x

Joanne said...

What an adorable card! I love the sea creatures and that adorable little kitty.

VeggieMummy said...

Such a lovely card - the kitty is very cute - and I'm sure that the Bat Mitzvah girl was thrilled. xx

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the seaside theme and the seahorse is adorable!

#MMBC

hels said...

Bat mitzva is a tough age to pin down. She is a fully responsible woman religiously speaking, but may still be a child socially. You achieved a nice balance.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Super! The lady who found you was a good friend to the young lady -- what a speciaL memory of her big day!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Adorable card. This must have been so fun to create with all the darling details! The lucky young lady will love it.

Shareaholic