Friday 6 May 2022

Daniel and Eilon

When Daniel turned 15, his birthday card showed him writing music on his laptop computer. This year his mum asked me to show him playing the piano and wearing his favourite blue hoodie and ear pods. Apparently he always wears the same blue hooded sweatshirt and always has the white ear pods in his ears! Sounds like a normal 16 year old, right?
The card was well received. "Another great success!" his mum wrote to me.
Eilon, one of Daniel's younger brothers, also recently celebrated his birthday. There are five boys in their family and they ALL receive one of my cards on their big day. Mum tells me that it has become a family tradition.
Eilon was turning 7. He is still very into ninja (last year I showed him swinging from some wooden hoops in a new play area he had visited) so mum sent me a picture of him running up a warped wall. Apparently Eilon loves the photo. In the background she asked me to include some of the books from a series he enjoys as well. Of course I added a big number 7 to mark his age.
Mum was delighted with the card when she saw it, "I love it. Eilon will be thrilled!".  A couple of days later she sent me these fabulous photos of him opening his card:
"Such a perfect card! He loves it so much! He was so emotional yesterday, he was teary eyed with excitement."
Such a sweet boy!
* This post has been shared on Funtastic Friday Link Party.
PoCoLo

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

The track is so cool!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Fun cards to show these boys' personalities!

VeggieMummy said...

Wow, 5 boys! That's a lot of birthday cards to keep you busy. It's obvious how much your cards are loved. xx

Lalka Crochetka said...

lovely cards and so happy faces! you surely know how to make someone smile <3

hels said...

I am with VeggieMummy.. 5 boys is quite a family to look after! My son has only four children and he is already feeling over committed ha ha.

If you do the cards annually, use just one or two of each boy's talent each year.. so you don't run out of special activities.

Emma T said...

What amazing personal cards, they must take a while to make. #pocolo

Anne said...

I love both cards, the boys personalities really shine through. I love your piano, that must have taken ages to create.

Jayne said...

These are both smashing cards. You can see how much love and attention goes into each one. x

Thisiswhereitisat said...

Brilliant birthday card x #pocolo

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How wonderful that giving your personalized birthday cards has become a family tradition for this family. The photos of Eilon being so touched by your card is precious.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

Two beautiful cards. I do love how your cards are so beautifully personalised for the recipient and how lovely to have them become part of family birthday traditions. #PoCoLo

Stephanie 139a said...

Brilliantly personalised cards as ever! Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic