Monday 19 February 2024

A New One for the Frame

* This post was written in May 2022, shortly before I lost my youngest son.
Some of you may remember the post I shared with you about a customer's mum who saved the cards I made her over the last few years and had them beautifully framed. Her daughter joked at the time that, since her mum had framed all the cards she had received, did it mean that she didn't need to order one for her 72 birthday, since she wouldn't have the space? Her mum replied, "Don't worry! I shall frame all future ones, until I am 100 years old!"
So, April rolled round once again and my customer did indeed ask me to make another card for her mum. She sent me some wonderful photos that mum, a talented photographer, had taken in Ashkelon, a Mediterranean coastal city in the Southern District of Israel. She thought I could use one of them, since they depict her mum's adventures in that particular place.
My customer also wanted to show her children on the card but didn't have a picture of her mum with all three of them together. I imagined the grouping and created a design showing the four of them on the card. The three children are in the front, while blonde-haired grandma is proudly standing behind them. In the background is one of her photos of Ashkelon National Park. Finally, I added a big number 72 to mark her age.
My customer told me that her mum loved the card.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

10 comments:

Anne said...

I do think that any card made by you deserves to be framed, what a lovely display they would make.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I agree with grandma - keep framing the cards no matter your age.

Joanne said...

Aw, that is lovely! I think it's wonderful that she intends to keep on framing all her cards right up to 100. :) They certainly are works of art.

Kim Carberry said...

Framing your cards is such a good idea! What a gorgeous card and how wonderful to have the children included. x

VeggieMummy said...

How lovely that you included all the grandchildren. I can imagine a gallery wall of all your beautiful cards. Also, I hope I look that glamorous at 72! xx

Tamar SB said...

That turned out awesome!!

hels said...

I think since photos are kept on-line and sent on-line, people have not worried too much about photo albums for 30 years. What a shame:( Your customer's mum, who kept and framed all her cards, is very wise. Her memories will be saved forever.

NCSue said...

Lisaa, I'll be turning 72 in a couple of months. I can tell you it would be an honor to have one of your lovely cards. I feel sure this card will be treasured! You have a generous heart along with your talent.
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/02/le-musee-dart-sacre.html

Jayne said...

This is so lovely. All of your creations deserve to be displayed. They make special occasions even more special. xx

Stephanie said...

What a delightful card! Your beautiful and thoughtful creations truly shine. It warms my heart to know that you made a very happy customer. The notion of framing cards is absolutely wonderful—such a thoughtful plan! Thank you for being part of The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #26 and sharing your lovely card creation. We’re thrilled to have you join us!

Shareaholic