Thursday 15 February 2024

Can He Be Scuba Diving on His Bike?

A friend was rather taken with the birthday card I made for Nadav's 22nd birthday which showed him diving in the Red Sea, off Eilat's shores. My friend's husband, Ed, is into diving too. His birthday was coming up and she wanted to know if I could make a similar card for him.
Once I had agreed to make the card, the brief became a little more complicated! Ed is into biking too. "Can he be scuba diving on his bike?" my friend asked.
Never one to shy away from a complicated request, I have shown Ed on his bike. He is wearing the bright yellow cycling jersey and black shorts that he has on in the photo my friend sent me, above, and the blue bike helmet on his head. At the same time, he has a giant diving gas cylinder on his back, underwater breathing apparatus and flippers!
I added a pale blue background, some coral and a fish, along with a big 55 to mark Ed's age.
My friend was delighted. "Lisa managed to get Ed riding his bike while scuba diving!" she wrote in a WhatsApp group we both belong to. Comments varied from "What an amazing card" to "Lisa's cards always capture the magical essence of a person."
PoCoLo

11 comments:

Hels said...

I always watch "Bondi Life Savers" on tv, brave young people who patrol the beaches and try to save the surfers who get into trouble. I hope Ed has an excellent birthday and doesn't run any risks with the bike and the giant diving gas cylinder on his back. However my husband loved surfing as a young man and still identifies with Ed :)

Joanne said...

Oh this is just too cute with him scuba diving ON his bike! I Love it.

Tamar SB said...

I love it!!

VeggieMummy said...

Excellent! xx

Anne said...

I love it, you've combined the two so well it actually looks quite normal.

Jayne said...

This is such a fun card Lisa. I think scuba-biking could really catch on! Hehe.
You're so talented. xx

chickenruby said...

That is an amazing card, you did really well to incorporate the two hobbies so well. Thanks for linking with #pocolo

Catherine said...

What a fabulous card! I love the way you combined two different hobbies :)

#MMBC

Jennifer Wise said...

This is darling. What a wonderful card! Visiting from Crazy Little Love Birds linkup.

Stephanie said...

I love how you combined the two. This is such a great idea and so fun!
Thank you for sharing at The Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #27.

Stephanie said...

I'm happy to let you know that your post will be featured at the Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #28 tomorrow! :)

I hope you will join us again soon.

Shareaholic