Sunday 28 April 2024

Elinor and Galia

Elinor's mum asked me to make a special card for her daughter's upcoming 18th birthday. She plays the violin and is a competitive swimmer, so a violin and swimming cap and goggles were requested. Elinor also likes to bake, so mum asked me to include a chocolate cake with decorations. Finally, I was told that she drives a grey seven-seater Mazda 5. I had to look that one up!
Mum was delighted with the card. "You did an outstanding job!" she wrote to me. "Elinor loved the card!"
Galia started her medical studies several months ago. Back then, her mum asked me to create a card somehow featuring the Tel Aviv University Faculty of Medicine. I went one step further and showed Galia wearing a blue medics overall and hung a stethoscope around her neck. Behind her is the Tel Aviv University Faculty of Medicine logo, along with a small pile of medical books, a bottle of pills and a syringe.
"Galia's card is just brilliant" mum wrote to me, then followed that up by telling me that Galia too loved the card.

* This post has been shared on Busy Monday Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday)
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs
My Random Musings

11 comments:

Catherine said...

I love how much detail goes into your birthday cards. The violin is awesome and I love the syringe too!

#MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

I agree, excellent violin! You really do take the time to get the little details right. xx

Ruth said...

Your cards always make me smile. They are so precious and I love all the detail you include to make them so personal. Beautiful!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Two more great cards with lots of individual details - it's always fun seeing your creations. I don't know how you cut out such small decorations, but they are exquisite. Happy Monday! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What lovely cards. I love the personalised touches, the detail is fantastic.

Joanne said...

I just love seeing all the details and ways your bring in each person's interests and personality into their cards!

hels said...

It is wonderful when the mother helps you with her daughter's interests and skills. Who would know to combine a violin and swimming gear with a car and baking?

If you ever make a card for me, please combine a black labrador dog, a gaggle of grandchildren and Australian beaches :)

NCSue said...

Nice work, Lisa - I always love to see your cards. I hope you are well and wish you a happy Passover!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/04/too-funny-not-to-share.html

Jennifer Wise said...

These are gorgeous, Lisa! I am always amazed at your cards. So personal and beautiful. What a treasure to receive. Visiting from the Crazy Little Lovebirds linkup.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The cards are wonderful as always Lisa. Thank you for sharing your happy place -- you are so brave to do so right now.

Stephanie said...

Both cards are so sweet. I love that violin you included. My youngest plays it as well. I love the details you added for both cards. Thank you for sharing at the Crazy Little Lovebirds link party #36. 😊

Shareaholic