Monday 1 April 2024

Hadar and Benjo

A good friend asked me to make a card for her daughter's 18th birthday. Her daughter is a part-time waitress at Cafe Greg, a well know dairy cafe with branches throughout the country. She thought it would be cute if I could put the logo of the chain on her daughter's shirt.
My friend wanted me to show her daughter baking challah, the loaf of white bread, typically plaited in form, which is traditionally baked to celebrate Shabbat. She also asked me to include an Israeli flag, along with the Hebrew phrase יחד ננצח, "Together We Will Win", the national motto since the start of the war, which has been used on the news and by many companies and organizations.
I showed Hadar, the birthday girl, in her olive coloured work shirt, with the Cafe Greg logo on the sleeve. She is busy plaiting a challah and there is a mixing bowl, wooden spoon and eggs next to her. Most traditional challah recipes use eggs, flour, water, sugar, yeast, vegetable oil and salt. Challah is made without dairy.
I added the blue and white Israeli flag with the "Together We Will Win" motto beneath it.
A big red number 18 marks her age.
My friend told me that her daughter loved the card!
Benjo was turning 12. My last card for him was Minecraft-themed. This year he has become somewhat of an entrepreneur, making money taking care of other people's dogs. He wanted to be shown holding the shekels he has earnt. I added the logo he created for his little business in the background and also a portrait of Snow, the dog that he had looked after for a few weeks.
A big red number 12 marks Benjo's age.
* This post has been shared on  The Good. The Random. The Fun.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

12 comments:

Joanne said...

These are both fabulous!

Kim Carberry said...

What wonderful photos. It is great that you are sent photos with the recipient, she looks so happy!
Well done to Benjo, he does sound quite the entrepreneur!

Ellibelle said...

They both turned out so nicely. Love that you personalized them too!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I enjoyed today's cards - so cute. That young man seems to be a budding business marvel. The young lady is very pretty.

Cheryl said...

What beautiful cards. I love that you included a photo of the 18 year old holding her card. She has a gorgeous smile. Also lovely way to commemorate Benjo's birthday and his flourishing new business.

Richard said...

Lovely cards.

VeggieMummy said...

What enterprising young people, both well deserving of a beautiful Lisa card. xx

hels said...

Well done! The two birthday people are very young to be helping the family financially. No wonder they are proud of themselves.

Tamar SB said...

These are awesome!

Jayne said...

The detail in your cards always amazes me. That teeny tiny logo on Hadar's top is brilliant and I love the bread and baking utensils.
Benjo's card is equally as lovely and he sounds quite the little businessman! x

Stephanie said...

The cards turned out lovely! -I just love how you always personalize them. It makes it extra special. :)

Catherine said...

I love the way that you personalise your cards, that makes them so unique and special :o)

#MMBC

Shareaholic