Sunday 7 March 2010

Pretty in Pink

The customer who requested the 50th birthday card shown in my last post also asked me to make several other cards, including one for another sister's birthday. Once again she had no specific request but simply wanted something with a birthday theme. Since it was not a significant birthday nor had I been asked to illustrate any specific hobbies or interests, I went with a slice of cake and candles, a birthday card, party hat and balloons. Though I do not normally 'do' pretty, I actually enjoyed working in this pastel palette, adding a little stronger colour here and there for variety. You can see quite clearly in these photos how I layer some of the elements in my cards using foam strips so that the overall design does not appear too 'flat'.
After the heavy rain of the previous week, over the last few days we have seen a little sunshine. The colours in this card put me in the mood for Spring, well the colours AND the Passover Spring cleaning which has begun in our house...

3 comments:

Babamoon said...

very nice! i think my fave of the ones ive seen you make so far :)

Audrey said...

LOVE it!! How long does it take to make a card with so much detail? You have a wonderful imagination!

LizzieJane said...

Love it! I love that it does have lots of layers and that you have used lighter spring like colors. Lucky recipient!
x

Shareaholic