Wednesday 17 March 2010

Monkeying About

Isn't it strange the way you can work really hard on something yet it never quite turns out as you wish it to, then on other occasions it just seems to happen? One day this week I spent a little time working on the photos in my shop. I usually photograph my papercut pictures in one particular way, on a wooden table by the window, yet I was suddenly inspired to try something else. And guess what? I was delighted with the results! This particular photo of my Monkey Papercut Picture gave my artwork a new lease of life, which was confirmed just two days later when it appeared in an orange-themed Etsy Treasury, alongside some other beautiful orange pieces (below). My monkey has been hanging around in my shop, largely unnoticed, for some time. I hope that he will maybe find a new home after his photo session.
I was recently asked to make a large anniversary card for a customer's parents-in-law. They weren't celebrating a special anniversary, so there was no specific theme to run with. I feel confident that this classic design, below, incorporating champagne glasses, hearts and flowers met with their approval. Though somewhat obvious images to use, I hope that my papercut style, with all the layering, makes it an attractive piece.

4 comments:

LizzieJane said...

Well both cards are just beautiful. I do find myself drawn to the monkey card. It is adorable. I like monkeys. Maybe I should try and make a monkey....hmmmm....
x

Sadie said...

We love monkeys!

Found you on etsy. Am now a follower.

Sadie@
nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

Lovely World said...

How fun to find your work in a treasury! My etsy shop is fairly new. I was really pleased when someone put one of my dolls in a treasury the first week I was open for business! Things are pretty slow on the etsy front at this point - still trying to figure out how traffic moves through shops. I also like the personalized cards you did for the ten-year-olds. Very sweet.

Purely Paige said...

What a cute monkey! Pefect for a kid's room!

Shareaholic