Tuesday 2 March 2010

"Cheerful and pretty"

Purim has been and gone. Sadly it was cold and wet for pretty much the whole holiday, though we didn't let it spoil our fun! The Mishloach Manot (food baskets) were delivered after an initial aborted attempt because of the rain and we are now tucking into an abundance of delicious baked goodies which we were lucky enough to receive from many good friends. Our own friends received a plateful of Choc Chip Muffins, a recipe which I discovered right here in the blogging world some time ago. Thank you Lisa and Sarah at A Spoonful of Sugar. Many friends have told me that the muffins were delicious.
A couple of weeks ago I received an order for several customised birthday cards. The customer who requested them doesn't usually have any specific ideas for her cards but simply asks for something "cheerful and pretty". For her sister's birthday, however, she did in fact ask me to somehow incorporate into the design little notes with her thoughts about her sister. I added a big birthday cake, candles and balloons and hope that the end result was as cheerful and pretty as my customer had hoped. I am pretty sure that her sister was delighted to read such loving words and to receive a card that had had so much love poured into it.
The Etsy Treasuries have been good to me again and I am pleased to show you two more which have included my work. Above you can see a colourful collection put together by Shay of Shay Aaron Miniature Food. Shay included my Purple Cupcake Notebook, seen on the middle row, far left. My sweet little blue Treasure Box, below, top row, far right, has also made a recent appearance in a treasury curated by Yafit. As always, it is a great thrill to see my work chosen for these treasuries. Many thanks to both of you.

6 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Glad you like the recipe as much as we do! I made up a batch myself last weekend for the school lunch boxes:) I love the tag you have made - a fun personal touch!

With the card - it looks like you met your design brief perfectly - such a pretty card.

LizzieJane said...

Chocolate Cip Muffins sound very yummy indeed. My goodness you relly are lucky with all those treasuries. Of course they are very well deserved as once again your cards are just wonderful.

Audrey said...

Congratulations on the treasuries!! I was in 2 lately also - it's always a nice surprise :)

Anastasia said...

its always so great to be in treasuries!!
your cards are so colourful and happy - very cute!!

katie hanson said...

how exciting to be in treasuries! :) congrats!

I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that your blog is lovely! Have a beautiful weekend!

xo, Katie
http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

Lovely World said...

Hi Lisa. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Your cards are so bright and cheery! I imagine all that cutting and pasting is a lot of work.

Shareaholic