Thursday 3 December 2020

Ma'ayan, Ella and Galia

Ma'ayan was turning 18. In the past I have made her netball themed cards. This year mum asked for one with a makeup theme. She wanted me to create a card with lipstick, eyeshadows and brushes on it. I was also to add the badge of Ma'ayan's mechina (pre-army programme) and the insignia of the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF), since she will be enlisting soon.
I have shown Ma'ayan with some makeup brushes in her hand. She is surrounded by various eyeshadow palettes, lipsticks and brushes. Mum said that she's not a fan of pink, so I steered away from that colour and added browns and blues instead. A big number 18 marks her age.
Mum told me that she loved the card.
Ella was turning 20. Last year I showed her in her olive green army uniform. She is still a soldier but when she's home she is into keeping fit. Every day Ella does one hour of exercise, dancing in front of the TV to the Fitness Marshall, a channel founded by Los Angeles-based fitness star Caleb Marshall. His videos have garnered over 2.5 million subscribers!
Mum sent me various photos of Ella in action. I copied her exercise clothes, even down to the trainers. The TV on the wall shows the Fitness Marshall team in action. A big number 20 marks Ella's age.
Galia receives of one of my cards every birthday. Last year her new puppy featured on her card. This year mum asked for a card with a yoga theme. I have shown brown-haired Galia in a yoga pose. I kept the background simple but added a lotus flower which, to a yogi, symbolises the expansion of the soul and spiritual awakening.
Mum was delighted with it. "The card is fantastic. Absolutely love it. You are so talented." she wrote to me.
PoCoLo

12 comments:

Tamar SB said...

The makeup palet is amazing!

Michele Morin said...

You really captured these individuals!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

It's always fascinating to see the growth of children and young people in your cards. They're like "snapshots" of their lives.

VeggieMummy said...

These must be wonderful keepsakes. It would be lovely to look back on how your interests changed over the years. That's a pretty impressive yoga pose! xx

Joanne said...

I am always so fascinated by your cards. I do paper crafting too but nothing quite this intricate! Pinned.

Jayne said...

Another set of fab cards Lisa. I love the little makeup palettes how cute! x

Lalka Crochetka said...

perfect cards! as always! <3

italiafinlandia said...

Your works are very accurate and the people will surely enjoy them.
All the best!

Amy Johnson said...

I just love your cards! They are so creative and original!

junie-jesh said...

Can tell the first girl likes her card. I noticed her long fingernails - I guess she has to shed those when enlisted:) Am not one for exercise, but I can imagine with lock downs etc. the subscriber's rate will go through the roof! Such fun to keep up with your cards at All Seasons and what kind of things you are challenged with to give everyone their individual wish! Have a relaxed week, Jesh

Anonymous said...

Such lovely personalized cards! I know the recipients are thrilled to receive them.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Cheryl said...

These must have been fun ones for you to do. All the detail, but also seeing how each of the girls have changed over the years. The yoga one is very striking. #mmbc

Shareaholic