Friday 25 June 2010

A Brit Abroad

My husband is most definitely not an English football hooligan. Unfortunately I seem to have made him look like one on his birthday card this year! The thing is, with his fair skin and receding hairline, he does have to be careful in the hot Israeli sun and therefore always wears this rather stylish floppy hat. Along with his passion for football, and Arsenal in particular, he does tend to look at times rather like a Brit abroad!
Last year I illustrated my hubby hiding behind the newspaper. He still reads the papers a lot - particularly the sports papers mailed all the way from the UK by his Dad and Dad-in-law! He also likes to watch rather a lot of television and I have teased him by illustrating a lovely big LCD flat screen television on his card. Let's just say that our set does not look like that!
Henry the hamster has popped into view, as he always does with our family cards, and how could I not fly the St. George's flag at the moment? C'mon England!
Happy 46th Birthday to my lovely English hubby. I hope you enjoy your special day.
Cake anyone?

7 comments:

Cut Copy Create said...

very cute! and happy birthday to him :)

Laurie said...

Happy birthday to your hubby -- he and I are the same age! That cake looks yummy!

Unknown said...

adorable cards!
that cake looks YUMMMY!

julie said...

oh happy birthday richard - love the card!!

big game today :) x

Lovely World said...

It seems that your husband and my daughter share a birthday! Happy Birthday across the sea!

LizzieJane said...

A very Happy Birthday to your hubby! I hope he had a wonderful day. Both his card and his cake look wonderful Lisa.
x

baisimu said...

yes that's really sweet! :) and that cake in there looks super yummy.

Shareaholic