Tuesday 8 June 2010

Winging its way to the USA

Not long ago I was delighted to receive an order for a customised birthday card from a longtime reader of my blog. Laurie quite often leaves me some lovely comments and therefore I was pleased when she e-mailed me from Colorado, in the United States, to ask me whether I would consider making a card for her son's 13th birthday. I was of course very happy to oblige.Because Laurie follows my crafting antics on my blog, she already knew exactly how I work. I soon received an e-mail from her attaching a couple of photographs of her son and telling me what his interests are. Benjamin plays the trumpet and is a boy scout. He likes his new iPod touch and the long-running BBC television science-fiction series Dr. Who. He also has a Beagle and a yellow Labrador Retriever.
The e-mail that I received from Laurie once the card had arrived was probably one of the nicest that I will ever find in my inbox. With her permission I have copied it below.
"Oh Lisa - the card arrived today and it is just SO perfect in every way! I just got goosebumps looking at it - it's adorable! I am going to frame it after his birthday! You did such a great likeness of Ben and his Scout uniform - it is just priceless! And the dogs! And everything else! It is so special. I'm so happy I ordered this from you! THANK YOU SO MUCH!"
Laurie also blogged about my creation. If you wish to read a little more about the birthday boy and his card, please visit her blog.
Yesterday we enjoyed a celebration of our own. My husband and I were marking 12 years of marriage and I am lucky enough to have a wonderful partner who does not forget these occasions! Mid-morning the doorbell rang and I was delighted to be on the receiving end of these gorgeous roses. I had to share them with you in all their glory. In the top corner of the photograph you can just peek at the anniversary card I made for my husband. I had fun illustrating myself with my mass of dark curly hair, holding a big red heart. Just to prove that no-one is perfect though, my husband did manage to point out that I had been kind to myself and had missed out all the grey 'highlights' in my hair!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update
A few days ago I wrote a post for the EtsyChai Jewish Street Team blog about a recent family visit to a kibbutz in northern Israel. It has now been posted and if you wish to read about it, please visit here.

6 comments:

LizzieJane said...

What a lovely time you must be having. First the lovely email from Laurie, well deserved I might add as the card is just beautiful. Then those wonderful flowers from you super hubby! Happy Wedding Anniversary Lisa to you and that supper hubby! I hope you had a wonderful day.
x

Mami Made It said...

The card is very lovely! Well done!
AND
Congrats! Happy anniversary!

Leeya Engel said...

Isn't positive feedback the greatest...
Mazal tov on your anniversary!

Jacqui Dodds said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Congratulations on 12 years of marriage - the roses look lovely and I bet they smell gorgeous too!

Lovely World said...

This is such a great story, and one that would not really be possible if not for the internet, blogs, etsy, and the like. Making connections - just lovely. And Happy Anniversary. I've got a few of those gray hairs hanging around myself!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your cards are wonderful! And your flowers are lovely, congrats!

: ) Maureen

Shareaholic