Tuesday 22 June 2010

Monkey Business

I am fortunate that my little business keeps on ticking over nicely. Though my Etsy shop serves me well as an online gallery for my work, it must develop a little more for me to be able to rely on it alone. Therefore I was delighted when I recently received a convo from a prospective customer with an enquiry about my Monkey Papercut Picture.
The customer wrote to tell me that she had recently moved house and was in the process of decorating her children's bathroom "in all things monkey". She had decided that my papercut picture would look cute hanging in there but wanted to know if I would consider changing my colour scheme a little to the same colours as the monkeys that she already had in the bathroom. She even provided me with a link so that I could see what colours her monkeys were!
Tweaking the colours of my artwork a little was of course not a problem for me, and I even adapted the style of some of the leaves to match too. My customer wrote to tell me that she loved the picture and I assume that by now it has been hung in it's new home, amongst all the other monkey paraphernalia in her kids' bathroom!
A few posts back I mentioned that I have been fortunate enough to have had my work included in quite a number of Etsy Treasuries recently. Without wishing to fill up this blog with too many treasury screenshots, but all the same being thrilled to have my work included in them, I will display just a couple more for now. Below, you can see the very first appearance in a treasury of my Jewish Boy's Treasure Box, middle row, second right, and below that, my Purple Cupcake Notebook, bottom row, second from the left. With so much to choose from in the world of Etsy it is always a great thrill to discover that my work has been picked out for inclusion in a treasury. For those of you doing a little shopping whilst browsing those treasuries, both of these items are currently available in my Etsy Shop.

5 comments:

Debs Crochet said...

That's a very cute monkey. I see why it's getting noticed-congrats!

Leeya Engel said...

That is adorable!!!

Julie said...

That is so cute!

Laurie said...

Lisa, I'm feeling colorblind because I can't see a difference in the two photos!!! But it's awfully cute!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Super cute monkey, it's always great when you're able to work with a customer and create something that is just perfect for them.

Congrats on your treasury inclusions too.

Shareaholic