Thursday 29 November 2012

Do guys have sweet 16's?

Do guys have sweet 16's? Well, if they do I guess they'd probably opt for a 'not so sweet 16' party really! Anyway, a young man I know was recently celebrating his 16th birthday and his Mum asked me to make a special card to mark the occasion. She told me that he plays the guitar and generally loves music. He likes to write songs, and his favourite colour is grey! To cheer the grey background up a little bit I added a bunch of coloured music notes and a big shiny number 16. His Mum said he loved the card.
Unless I have a specific theme to work with, cards for the men can be pretty hard to create. I've made cards with ties on them before but decided to rework the design a little bit. I sourced some funky stripy and spotty paper - perfect for ties - and used it come up with some bold colour combinations. A few more men can celebrate their birthdays now and receive 'Handmade in Israel' cards!
My Dad, who is coming to visit us soon, asked me to prepare a variety of cards for him to use for friend's birthdays and other happy occasions. Above, you can see a selection of the designs I created for him. I hope they're what he wanted. I'll report back after his arrival!

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love those ties! Men are definately tricker to choose cards for. The collection for your dad is very fun!

Terri said...

Great sweet 16 card for a boy. I struggle with masculine cards too but these are great. I especially like the one with the colorful ties. Very fun!

Shareaholic