Monday 26 November 2012

Up, Up and Away

I love working with bright colour so I was pleased to get the chance to play with some gorgeous rainbow colours recently when a friend asked me to make a special card for her daughter's 18th birthday. The birthday girl's family were planning on surprising her by booking a trip in a hot air balloon, so my friend asked if I could make that the theme of the card.
I created the colourful balloon, complete with wicker basket and sandbags, and popped it on to a background of blue sky and green fields. A big red number 18 completed the card. Apparently her 18th birthday was a very big deal to the birthday girl so I really tried to accentuate the number and make it pop.
I hope I get to hear all about the balloon ride!

3 comments:

Julie S said...

Love the bright colors on this. Will certainly bring a smile to her face just like it did to mine!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love it!!! That will be a perfect compliment to the hot air balloon ride. That is something I have always wanted to do but all my friends are afraid to do so. I may have to go for the ride on my own!

Doreen said...

Shalom Lisa,
I just found your blog by linking from your comment on Creative Jewish Mom. You are SO talented. I am now following you and look forward to catching up on your creative posts as well as your posts on living in Israel.
My brother and his family live in Jerusalem, and I have nieces, nephews, and cousins who live everywhere from the Golan to Tel Aviv.
I create altered artwork, and include as many Chanukah projects as I can during the holiday season which I share on my blog. Hope you can come by for a visit!
Doreen
http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

Shareaholic