Sunday 25 May 2014

A Good Healthy Meal

In this post I am featuring the work of my youngest son because it's paper related and, well, because it's great! My son, who is 11, had a school science project where had to create the menu and then a model of a healthy meal. He took the project very seriously and wrote a great menu with some very sophisticated choices! Most of the kids, as far as I could see, opted for cottage cheese and chopped Israeli salad. All good but not nearly as delicious as my youngest's choices.
He made wholewheat bread with butter and olive oil all from polystyrene and paper. The main course was St. Peters Fish with onions, oregano, almonds and carrots, along with side dishes of brown rice and new potatoes. Dessert was fruit salad and a yoghurt drink. I think he did an amazing job!
Now, of course I helped a little bit. How could I not? But he's a hard taskmaster! Everything had to "look real" and be in proportion. I tried to get him to use the plastic sliced bread from the toy kitchen which we still have in a box somewhere but, no, he wanted to make everything. Okay, so the meal is a little heavy on the bread. I wouldn't suggest eating that much or there wouldn't be any room left for the fish and those beautifully sculpted Plasticine potatoes. But it all looks delicious and is very healthy too.
Fruit salad anyone?

2 comments:

Richard said...

Amazing project Gadi. Very sophisticated menu.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Wow! This is amazing! What a great project to assign to the kids too.

Shareaholic