Thursday 5 February 2015

Flying Flags and Football

Dana celebrated her Bat Mitzvah recently. Her Dad asked me to make a special card for her, which he has since told me she adores! She's obviously a busy girl since the list Dad gave me of all her interests was pretty long. There was a lot to fit onto the card!
Dad asked me to show a picture of his daughter in her school blazer. He told me that she likes netball, football, playing the piano and shopping. She is also, in his words, slightly obsessed with avocados (a girl with great taste!). Her Dad is from England, Mum is Irish and the family lived in Israel for a few years, so I added the flags from each of those countries too. There was... ahem... some discussion about the colours of the Irish flag, since I flipped the direction it was blowing in to fit all three flags into Dana's hand. Apparently it looks like the flag of the Ivory Coast now. Oops! No more flag flipping for me in future, though I still maintain that the way it hangs from the flag pole is what matters.
Ro'i receives Handmade in Israel birthday cards on his special day every year. This year Mum asked me to show him with his PlayStation controller but also suggested that the badge of his favourite football team, Chelsea F.C., feature too. You can see for yourselves from the photos below that Ro'i was delighted with his customised card!

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

such cute cards! love the smiles on the young man!

Miss Val's Creations said...

The cards so so fun! I love the shot of the recipient opening his card. :)

Shareaholic