Sunday 20 October 2019

Amit & Roei

A customer asked me to make a papercut card for her friend and assistant at work who was getting married. She had no specific requests apart from a preference for an oval shaped design and purple for the paper inlay. She told me the names of the young couple, Amit and Roei, the date they were getting married and finally, she requested that I create the design in Hebrew.
I was ready to get cutting!
I hand drew their names in Hebrew lettering and added the date of their wedding below in a ribbon banner. Flowers, oak leaves and a small heart add a romantic touch. The card opens the Hebrew way, from right to left.
"It is beautiful!" my customer wrote to me and told me how the bride had contacted her shortly after her wedding to say how much she loved the card.

13 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

That's beautiful - I bet they frame it as a memento of the big day.xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your paper cut cards are my favorites! Love the purple background which makes the white pop!

Judee said...

Beautiful! What a special card!

likeschocolate said...

Gorgeous card!

Junieper/jesh said...

Your customer is right - your design of the cutout is gorgeous! Is it more work, or trickier than how you usually make a card? Many thanks for sharing this wonderful design with All Seasons! Have a great week, Lisa!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Your cards are so lovely. What a skill! #TwinklyTuesday

little orange dog said...

What a wonderful gift to receive for your wedding. It's absolutely stunning and so different to the cards you normally see x

#TwinklyTuesday

Enda Sheppard said...

Wow, that is so cool! #TwinklyTuesday

italiafinlandia said...

Beautiful and romantic!

betty-NZ said...

Wow, you have such talent and this card is fabulous! I'm glad you share your work with us :)

Your post on 'My Corner of the World' is much appreciated!

My Corner of the World

Jayne said...

Absolutely stunning Lisa! I love the detail of the little flowers and oak leaves. Beautiful! x

Claire Justine said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa. Thanks so much for all the support over the last few weeks. Thanks also for sharing at The Weekly Link-Up, I hope to see you tomorrow for our next blog hop :)

Kate said...

Lovely wedding momento, I'd be framing it after if it were me. #twinklytuesday

Shareaholic