Monday 28 October 2019

Football and Fishing at Fifty

Mark really wanted a Lordship from the Principality of Sealand for his 50th birthday and so that is what his family surprised him with on his special day. His wife asked if I could make a card based on that theme.
I have shown "Lord Mark" standing in front of Roughs Tower, an offshore platform in the North Sea which Sealand claims as its territory. He is wearing a Manchester City F.C. shirt to show his support for his favourite football team and is holding the certificate declaring his Lordship.
Balloons and a big red number 50 mark his age.
I hope that his family now remember to address him in the appropriate way!
Another husband was celebrating his 50th birthday as well. His wife told me that his hobbies include cricket and fishing and watching rugby and football. She also wanted me to put a 50 somewhere on the card.
I have shown Gerald with a fishing rod over his shoulder and a cricket bat in his other hand. To his right is the badge of his favourite football team, Watford F.C. and to his left the England national rugby union team emblem, a red rose.
My customer seemed thrilled with the card. "I love love love it!!! Thank you" she wrote to me.

* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun., The Weekly Link Up, Made By You Monday

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I just adore the personality each card has.

VeggieMummy said...

Brilliant cards. I wonder if they do a Ladyship?! I hope Gerald enjoys the rugby final next Saturday! xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Love both cards and I want to be royalty too!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

As always, perfect for each individual!

Lydia C. Lee said...

Just lovely!!

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

Great cards for the nations most popular sports #Twinklytuesday

Enda Sheppard said...

They look brilliant — love the personality in each of them. They really mean a lot to the person getting therm. Well done. #TwinklyTuesday

Jayne said...

Both cards are awesome Lisa. I can see why you get such wonderful feedback! ;) x

Kate said...

Great job, love how you capture the details. Thanks for linking up #twinklytuesday

Shareaholic