Tuesday 7 January 2020

Working as a Team

My customer's wife ordered a birthday card for him a few years ago. He remembered it well and told me that he really liked it and was very impressed by the craftsmanship! Fast forward a few years (don't worry - his wife has ordered other cards in the meantime) and he and his wife were to be celebrating their 20th anniversary. He contacted me to order a personalised card for her.
We pride ourselves as working as a team together, he told me. We love animals and nature, we have a dog and we like to go bird watching. He wanted their kids to feature on the card too.
I have shown the whole family, including Indie the dog, on the anniversary card. Mum and Dad are clasping hands in the centre of the card, whilst their son and daughter stand on each side of them. Dad is wearing binoculars to represent the family's interest in bird watching and a few birds are circling in the sky behind them. Mum covers her hair (in many traditional Jewish communities, women wear head coverings after marriage) and so I have shown her wearing a scarf. I carefully matched the hair colour of the redheads, or gingies as they are known here in Israel, in the family. Three out of four of the family members wear glasses as well, so I tried my very best to match the different shapes of their frames.
Finally, my customer wanted to to highlight the fact that he and his wife work together as a team. I cut out a red heart and added the word "Team" in tiny hand cut letters.
The greeting on the card was short and simple - "20 years!"
Both my customer and his wife seemed delighted with the card. "Lisa, it's perfect - except for Indie who is 150% right!" his wife wrote on Facebook, while my customer confirmed that "She really loved it!"
JENerally Informed
PoCoLo

15 comments:

Inspiration and Fashion said...

nice post dear :) I follow you on gfc #319 ,follow back?

https://insandfashion.blogspot.com/

Peabea Scribbles said...

Beautiful work. Congratulations to them. Hope all is well in your world. :)

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful sentiment behind it. Your attention to detail is amazing - especially the patches on Indie's fur. xx

Miss Val's Creations said...

This card is amazing Lisa! I love the eyeglasses. Their adorable dog came out perfectly.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You always do a fabulous job but this card beats most - it's so perfectly tailored for their 20th!

Love Fashion said...

Nice post :) I follow you on gfc # 320 , follow back? :))
xoxo

https://lovefashionyes.blogspot.com/

Sharon Wagner said...

Good job! I love the dog and special way you depict the characters.

handmade by amalia said...

This is so lovely, Lisa, the whole family together. You do create amazing works of art.
Amalia
xo

Jayne said...

Another beautiful creation Lisa! I can see why your customers keep on returning. I think I will be putting in some orders this year! X

kateonthinice said...

Such brilliant work capturing real characters #PoCoLo - well done you

riitta k said...

You are so skilful with your cards - wonderful!

Karen Dennis said...

I wish I had your artistic skills this is lovely #globalblogging@_karendennis

Chickenruby said...

Such a lovely card again and so much thought and detail has gone into it, both my the husband and yourself. Thanks for joining in with #PoCoLo and hope to see you back later this week

junieper2/jesh StG said...

That's a great subject/reason for a card, Lisa. Me thinks your portrait of the dog really reveals your finesse in handling your tools! Excellent work, I love it! Many thanks for being a part of All Seasons this week - have a great one! Jesh

Stephanie 139a said...

Great card and sensible chap to come to you for a card. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic