Friday 5 June 2020

Maayan

Maayan was due to celebrate her Bat Mitzvah just when Covid-19 hit. Her Granny had already arrived in the country all the way from Australia but unfortunately for Maayan, her Bat Mitzvah ceremony had to be postponed. She still had a birthday to celebrate though and mum was keen for her to have a card, just as her older sister did back in 2018.
Mum told me a few things about her daughter. "Maayan is the sunshine of our life" she told me. She is very artistic and loves drawing. She is sporty and enjoys throwing a ball around and playing basketball. Maayan loves playing with the family dog, Snowy. She loves reading, eating sushi and her favourite colour is turquoise.
There was plenty to work with!
I have shown red-haired Maayan cuddling her dog Snowy. She has a pencil in her hand and is doing some drawing. To her right is a plate of sushi and a pot of pencils. To her left is a basketball and net. A book is open in front of her.
Finally, I gave Maayan a turquoise T-shirt since it is her favourite colour. A big red number 12 marks her age and the age she became Bat Mitzvah. A Jewish girl becomes a Bat Mitzvah at the age of 12 and from then onward she has all the rights and obligations of a Jewish adult. The word Bat Mitzvah literally means "daughter of commandment."

6 comments:

VeggieMummy said...

She sounds like a fun girl. I love the papercut sushi and Snowy the dog! I'm sure she'll love the card. xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I'm glad Snowy has a prominent place on the card - I still miss my childhood dog.

italiafinlandia said...

She has a pretty dog too. ;)
All the best to her and her granny!

Powell River Books said...

Another great card. - Margy

junieper/Jesh said...

A well balanced young lady! And turquoise is a great color with red hair (I should know). All the things she loves to do make for a great card! You made someone happy, Lisa:) Great job and noteworthy for All Seasons:) Hsve a jun week!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love how your cards reflect the recipients. You're so right on!

Shareaholic