Thursday 22 October 2020

20 Years and 50 Years

The couple on this card celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary back in August. The "bride" sent me a favourite photo from their wedding which I recreated in paper. I carefully matched the purple flowers in her bouquet and the little details in her hair. The couple are set against a background of the walls of Jerusalem's Old City, as they were in their wedding photo. A big number 20 marks the number of years they have been married.
My customer told me that her husband loved the card!
This card was made for some parents who were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The 50th wedding anniversary is known as the "golden anniversary". The historic origins of wedding anniversaries date back to the Holy Roman Empire, when husbands crowned their wives with a silver wreath, garland or necklace on their 25th anniversary, and a gold wreath on the 50th.
I created a card with a big gold "50 Years" on it and added some golden flowers as well. My customer asked me to include a map of England and a map of Israel on the card, with a plane flying between them. She declared the card "fabulous!"

9 comments:

Michele Morin said...

Your work documents so much joy!

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful - although I'm now going to have to have a word with R about my missing silver wreath! xx

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Anniversaries are such special times - love the cards!

Marielle said...

Wow! The details of these cards are incredible and so personalized. What a gift! Thank you for sharing these. I'm visiting from the Encouraging Hearts and Home link up today. Have a great day Lisa!

Tamar SB said...

I just love your photo recreations!

Sharon Wagner said...

So charming. What a treat to receive. I hope they frame it.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello dear Lisa, once more, your cards are incredibly beautiful and with lovely details.
I'm also happy that I learned a nice expression: "x years down, forever to go".
I will definitely post photos of our Christmas tree, it will be decorated on the 24th Dec.
Stay safe!

Cheryl said...

I love both cards. Nice touch to put the old city walls behind them. Makes it a beautiful souvenir. I really like the maps and flag combination on the second card. I bet there is a story there. #mmbc

Naush said...

Such happy cards. The recipient must treasure it in a frame.
Thank you so much for joining us at Meraki Link Party.
Much love
Naush

Shareaholic