Thursday 8 October 2020

Happy Birthday Saba and Safta

Saba (the Hebrew word for Grandfather) was soon to be celebrating his birthday and so his daughter-in-law sent me this photo and asked if I could recreate it in paper. It was quite a task but I do like a good challenge!
The card shows Saba and Safta (the Hebrew word for Grandmother) along with 4 of their grandchildren and their son. I made sure to match hair styles and colours carefully, checked the colours of their eyes and the patterns on their shirts.
My customer reported that Saba "loved it!".
A few weeks later it was Safta's turn to celebrate and once again my customer put me to test! This time the photo she sent me showed Safta and her grandchildren having fun on some playground equipment. I was amused to see a little Gruffalo in the photo too. It must have been taken at Purim, a Jewish holiday where customs include wearing masks and costumes to public celebrations and parades.
Safta's daughter-in-law asked me to put a 71 somewhere on the card and a birthday cake too.
I hope Safta liked this little reminder of a fun occasion!
PoCoLo

22 comments:

Michele Morin said...

What a fun family!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

love the family group for grandpa

Lalka Crochetka said...

you know how to add a lot of life to your cards! both are great!

Joanne said...

You did such a great job recreating those photos in card form!

Priyam said...

This is just awesome!

Powell River Books said...

You are so creative. - Margy

Tamar SB said...

Both of them are amazing!!

VeggieMummy said...

Very challenging requests, but you did them both beautifully. I love the Gruffalo! :O) xx

Fancyingfrance said...

It is really fantastic that you can make your cards so personal! How long in advance would I need to order a card? #pocolo

Jayne said...

Oh wow! This is just brilliant Lisa. Being able to create a person from a photograph is one thing but creating a whole scene is something else! You are so talented. x

Cheryl said...

What a challenge, but with such lovely photos, I can see why they chose these ones. I love that I've leant a bit of Hebrew too. #mmbc

riitta k said...

You are so skilful in making these cute cards! Looks fabulous. Congratulatons to the birthday heroes.

creativejewishmom/sara said...

wow, amazing job! great to see you on craft schooling Sunday, thanks for sharing!

Villrose said...

A charming family card! I will have to make something for my daughter who is 30 tomorrow!

handmade by amalia said...

Sweet! I heard about the fires in your part of the world, I hope that you are well and safe.
Amalia
xo

italiafinlandia said...

Your cards could easily be photographs!

junieper2/jesh StG said...

Glad you were up to the challenge. I guess a whole group is harder than a personalized card, eh? The second is very fun, especially now I've seen the original image. Great job Lisa! Thank you for also sharing your challenges to All Seasons, and have a relaxing week, Jesh

Anonymous said...

Lisa, these cards are amazing! They will be featured in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Chandhini said...

This is wonderful. Love how you recreated the photo.

Chickenruby said...

That is one heck of a challenge but you rose to it really well, love the cards, especially the one in the park. Thanks for joining in with #pocolo

Cat said...

Wonderfully done!

Naush said...

Its amazing how your cutouts are so near-perfect - down to the very details of the cake. You are very talented.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Shareaholic