Thursday 1 October 2020

Happy 21st and Sweet 16

Jack was turning 21. His auntie requested a large card for his birthday. Themes should be weights, the logos of his various businesses and Tilly the dog, she said. Jack himself asked if I could show him wearing his hat worn backwards. He has been receiving cards made by me for many years now, so I guess they are no longer a surprise 😂. I do know that they are much appreciated though!
I showed Jack, weights in hand, on the front of his card. His auntie and I had some discussion about his beard and in the end I pencilled in an unshaven look. Tilly the dog is just behind him. I added the logos of the businesses he is involved in and the crest of the University of Leeds where he studies. A big red number 21 marks his age.
"Absolutely fabulous!" his auntie wrote to me.
Emily turned 16. She moved to Israel with her family not so long ago, so is currently learning Hebrew. I suggested showing her holding a pile of Hebrew books and carefully gave them titles such as "Hebrew Verb Tables" and "Hebrew-English Dictionary". I added some Hebrew letters too and the flag of Israel as well. A big number 16 shows her age.
Emily's mum wrote to me on her daughter's birthday and said "The only thing Emily wanted for her birthday was a Lisa card!". Fortunately she was very happy with it. How wonderful is that?
* This post has been shared on Creatively Crafty and All Seasons.
PoCoLo

8 comments:

Michele Morin said...

It's wonderful how your cards always reflect so personally the interests of the recipient!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I can see the recipents of the cards so easily - happy October!

Cheryl said...

They are both such lovely cards. You always get so much detail in. A real snapshot of each recipient. #mmbc

Joanne said...

Such lovely personalized cards. Thanks for sharing with us. Pinned.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I just dropped by to see you lovely art and as always I'm not disappointed! Thank you and have a grand weekend!

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I love Tilly the dog! xx

italiafinlandia said...

You really have a great ability to render dogs as well!
Have a nice upcoming new week.

junieper/Jesh said...

Wow, talking about wanting your card as the only thing she wanted for her birthday! That should give you a boost in your confidence (especially because it's a 16 year old girl - they can be extremely choosy!) Many thanks for sharing these two young people's birthday for All Seasons! Have a great week, Jesh

Shareaholic