Monday 5 October 2020

Superman

My customer and her husband were celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary. She asked me to make a large framed picture of the whole family, including their dogs, as a gift for him. The brief was to show her husband in a Superman costume. Apparently he tries to convince their kids that he is actually Superman! She also wanted me to include the flags of the USA, where the family emigrated from, and of Israel, where they now live, along with some hearts since they all love each other 💖. Lastly, my customer wanted me to include the slogan "20 Years of Love" somewhere in the picture.   
Apart from the Superman costume, my customer wanted to add a small detail for each of her kids. The couple's youngest, Lev, always has a dinosaur on his T-shirt, she told me. Her eldest should be in a tank top. Emmy, their middle daughter, loves her helix piercing, whilst Nili, their younger daughter, has curly hair and loves makeup. 
My customer said that she would love it if she wore her hair down but she never does! To make the piece casual and fun, she suggested that I show her with her hair in a messy bun and wearing her glasses. Her husband wears a small kippa (skullcap), she added. I made sure it matched his Superman costume.
The final piece, which measured 30x40cm, was very well received! "Amazing! We love it!" my customer wrote to me. Apparently the whole family loved all the little details and in my customer's words, her husband "went nuts!".
JENerally Informed

12 comments:

Jayne said...

This is brilliant Lisa! I love all of the little details like the jewellery and the dinosaur top. Very creative. x

Anne said...

I'm always utterly impressed by your work but this one is totally amazing, so much detail that you've included. What a wonderful gift you have created.

Tamar SB said...

What a great piece!! I love the size.

Michele Morin said...

This must have been a lot of fun to create!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

A perfect present for superman Dad! #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

Oh wow! That is fantastic. I love how the whole family is included. Great work x

Joanne said...

What a fantastic family keepsake!

Lalka Crochetka said...

excellent work! you know how to catch each detail and merge it together! I love it and I am sure it will be a treasure gift for whole family!

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful card. The Superman costume is wonderful and the dogs are adorable. It's definitely a keeper! xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So amazing what you create and it was fun seeing some of the process. And to see your client holding her exact likeness!

Naush said...

Love the details in your framed picture, Lisa. Thank you for sharing it with us at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Crummy Mummy said...

Live the superman theme! My soon to be 6 year old would love this! #MMBC

Shareaholic