Thursday 25 February 2021

Cheers for 50 years

A customer contacted me with a request for an anniversary card for her parents. They were soon to be celebrating their Golden Wedding (50th) anniversary. She wanted an extra large card that the couple's children could all sign. She sent me a photo of her parents on their wedding day, noting that dad's tie was silver and mum's flowers were pink. I set to work recreating it out of paper.
The 50th wedding anniversary is known as the "golden anniversary". The historic origins of wedding anniversaries date back to the Holy Roman Empire, when husbands crowned their wives with a silver wreath, garland or necklace on their 25th anniversary, and a gold wreath on the 50th.
I created a card with a big gold 50 on it and added a golden background as well. The couple apparently met at UCL (University College London), so I added the university's logo to the card.
My customer told me that she and her siblings loved it!
Around the same time another customer contacted me with a similar request. Her parents were also celebrating 50 years of marriage. She asked me to create a card showing her parents as they are today. They live in Bournemouth, a coastal resort town on the south coast of England, so she wanted a seaside background for the card and sent me the photo she thought I could use.
I created her blonde haired mum and bespectacled dad, adding a big gold number 50 to the card and some gold hearts.
"My parents LOVED their card! Thanks so so much!" their daughter wrote to me, forwarding her mum's delighted message; "I'm overwhelmed at how she captured us so perfectly".

PoCoLo

14 comments:

Michele Morin said...

Certainly a milestone worthy of your beautiful cards!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

50 years together is a great accomplishment in the modern world. Lovely cards.

Tom said...

...we will celebrate 53 years in August.

Tamar SB said...

kineharah!! What a special card for a special milestone.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards. I must have missed my silver wreath on our 25th! xx

Fancyingfrance said...

50 years of marriage; how wonderful and so are your cards! I know Bournemouth very well and have happy memories of family breaks there. #pocolo

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Lovely as always! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Joanne said...

2 50th wedding anniversaries?! That's fantastic and so are both of your cards. Pinned.

Treat and Trick said...

Such a wonderful card and for special anniversary! Thanks for your lovely comment and have a beautiful Sunday....

Shiju Sugunan said...

Beautiful card for the special milestone.

italiafinlandia said...

The Golden wedding! What a happy event!

junie-jesh said...

You did quite a number of anniversaries, Lisa! The two 50-ties couldn't be more different! It's great your customers send you so much info - I can see you follow it closely:) When you were young did you ever think you would have a business like this? Or, did you always want to?
Many thanks for showing these cards to All Seasons, and have an inspiring week, Jesh

Cheryl said...

How lovely to be celebrating 50 years. You made two beautiful and special cards. I'm not surprised that they loved them. #mmbc

Naush said...

What a cute card ! Precious.
Happy Women's day.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Have a wonderful week.
Much love
Naush

Shareaholic