Monday 22 February 2021

Jane and Mizzie

Jane has been a loyal customer of mine for years, ordering birthday cards for many members of her family. This year I was delighted to receive a request from her daughter for a special card for mum! Her daughter asked me to show her mum working out (Jane is a fitness instructor at 1FitLife) and also wanted me to include a television screen on the card, since a lot of her mum's work is done by Zoom these days. We discussed what other equipment she uses and her daughter mentioned weights, a skipping rope and blue, orange and green kettlebells.
I have shown Jane in the plank position. She is in full gym gear and, as her daughter requested, has her hair in a ponytail. Behind her a big television screen shows one of Jane's actual Zoom classes, whilst the same screen can also be seen on the laptop next to her. I added a green kettlebell and a dumbbell. Finally, we decided to include her age on the card to date it.
Mizzie receives one of my cards on her birthday every year. Last year she had just been on a fabulous holiday to Brazil and I showed her at the Iguaçu Falls on the border between Brazil and Argentina. This year her husband asked me to create a card showing her scootering in Tel Aviv.
Electric scooters are the latest mode of transportation to hit the city and are used by locals and tourists alike to get around. There are a variety of electric scooter rental services. Apparently Mizzie likes the yellow Wind scooters. You can pick one up anywhere in the city and ride it as long as needed, calculating the price per minute.

I have shown Mizzie on a Wind scooter. She has her helmet on for safety and of course, during these times of Covid-19, her face mask too. I made sure to copy the outfit she was wearing in the clip her husband sent me. Behind her is the Tel Aviv tayelet (Beach Promenade) where Mizzie was having fun.

JENerally Informed

16 comments:

Richard said...

Great cards!

Michele Morin said...

Celebrating the plank! Wow!

Tamar SB said...

Oh my gosh, that came out so great. The details on the computer screen, wow!

Lalka Crochetka said...

you are incredible! your cards are exquisite!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your cards alaways show the personality of the recipients - love the two cute cards

Kim Carberry said...

Ahh! It's good that people keep coming back to you for their cards.
What a great card. I think you have captured everything so well x

Joanne said...

So fun and so cute! I am always in awe of all the details you add in.

VeggieMummy said...

Beautiful cards - how lovely that the daughter requested one for her mum. I really want a go on an electric scooter now! xx

laurensparks.net said...

These are darling. First time visitor to your sight from the goodrandomfun link up. laurensparks.net

Anne said...

fantastic attention to detail as usual. I wonder if they will keep these cards and look back on them and think what a strange world when we had to wear masks and do fitness classes online...or maybe this will be more normal for the future?

Jeanie said...

Oh my! Your cards are so clever! I just love that you make it a point to know the recipient so well so that you can incorporate elements of their passions and personalities into your work. I'm very impressed!

Thanks for stopping to visit me today. A pleasure to "meet" you!
~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Really fantastic looking cards...
Thanks so much for taking the time to host each week!! I appreciate all the time you put into it!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are absolutely awesome !

Kristin said...

The cards are SO cute and clever! I bet the recipients were just delighted.

Jayne said...

I love that it has become a tradition for people to receive your beautiful cards each year. They certainly make an occasion very special. x

Naush said...

Such an exquisite greeting card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Much Love
Naush

Shareaholic