Monday 8 February 2021

Hanging by the Front Door

A customer sent me a photo of her parents with all their grandchildren and asked me to turn it into a piece of papercut art for her mum to frame. It was a fun photo of the family all huddled up together and an especially lovely memory for her mum. Apparently the photo is several years old but is the last photo of dad with all their grandchildren, so it is a picture that my customer's mum particularly treasures.
I was delighted to create the piece for her.
My customer's nephew in the front was a great place to start. Apparently he still has this awesome afro hairstyle. It certainly makes him stand out! I slowly added each member of the family, finishing with grandma and grandpa at the very back.
The final piece measured 10x8 inches. My customer, who sent it unframed to the US so that mum could choose her own frame, was very pleased with it. "That looks FANTASTIC!" she wrote, then followed up by telling me that her mum was delighted with the piece. "She's hanging it right by the front door where it will be the first thing people see."

JENerally Informed

11 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a unique family portrait!

Hannah and the Twiglets said...

This is lovely - so unique! :) #MMBC

Kim Carberry said...

What a special piece of work to do. It sounds like the photo holds a lot of memories for your customer and what a great card x

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

this is a perfect gift - I'm surprised more folks haven't wanted you to make wall art for them

VeggieMummy said...

What a fantastic card; no wonder the recipient was thrilled with it. xx

Michele Morin said...

This family artwork is a treasure!

Katy said...

Wow! This is my first time visiting from #happynowlinkup and your art is amazing!

Anne said...

Such a special memory and you've captured it in your unique way. I would be happy too if I were your customer.

handmade by amalia said...

יש ערמה של חבר'ה על הדשא
love it!
Amalia
xo

Jayne said...

This is amazing Lisa. Such fab detail! I'm sure this will be treasured for some time to come. x

Naush said...

Its very beautiful Lisa, just like all your cards. Must feel so special that your cards carry so much sentimental value.
Thank you for sharing with us at Meraki Link Party.
Naush

Shareaholic