Monday 26 July 2021

Claret and Sky Blue

Martin recently turned 50. His wife asked me to make him two special cards to mark the day. Her first request was for a large card covering the themes of West Ham United F.C., running, tennis and music. I made a card for Martin with a West Ham theme back in 2014. This time I showed him in their 2020/21 kit.
I showed Martin running on his card. He is showing support for his favourite football team by wearing their shirt. Behind him is his yellow and black tennis racket (I copied the colours from a photo his wife sent me!). Some notes represent Martin's love of music.
In front of him is the West Ham United crest showing a pair of crossed hammers. West Ham were formed as the Thames Ironworks Football Club in 1895. The club later became West Ham United. The hammers emblem was inspired by the team's nickname, the Hammers, which was derived from the hammers used by the Thames Ironworks shipbuilders.
Martin's wife loved the card and shared it on Facebook, saying "Thank you to the amazing Lisa Isaacs for once again creating a fantastic birthday card."
I also made a second card for Martin, this time from his kids. I wanted to create something totally different to his other card, so decided to make him a papercut one. I carefully cut out a big 50 to mark his age and added the name "Abba" (Abba means father in Hebrew) and some bunting. Those of you in the know will see that I still couldn't resist returning to the West Ham theme. The paper inlay is claret and the envelope was sky blue, to match the house colours of Thames Ironworks, adopted by the team in the early 1900s and now the official colours of the West Ham United F.C. team.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful cards and I'm sure Martin will love them

Cheryl said...

So clever to include the colours in the card and the envelope for the second card. I love all the detail in the first card too. He looks like he's running straight off the card. #mmbc

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I like both cards but am always impressed by your cut out cards. #MMBC

Anne said...

Wow, 2 fabulous cards, Martin is a lucky guy (Although I'm not too sure about his love of the Hammers, lol..our team is claret and blue too but originates in Birmingham UK) I hope he enjoys his cards and his 50th birthday.

Tamar SB said...

Martin's card is so fun!

Kim Carberry said...

What a fab card for a football fan. The detail is fantastic. Great work. x

Miss Val's Creations said...

These came out great Lisa! The bunting looks fantastic on the papercut!

Joanne said...

Both of Martin's cards turned out great.

VeggieMummy said...

Lovely cards and interesting fact about the origin of the team's colours! xx

Thisiswhereitisat said...

What a fun card and so much detail x #mmbc

Claire Justine said...

These are great cards, Lisa. I love all the attention to detail, especially on the tennis racket :)

Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Mondays #CreativeMondaysLinkUp

handmade by amalia said...

Such sweet cards! I'm sure you made his day.
Amalia
xo

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

Two beautiful cards. I love how they are both so different but that the colour theme unites them. Love all the little details on the first card, especially that miniature tennis racquet. #MMBC

Shareaholic