Thursday 8 July 2021

Nili's Album

Nili appeared in one of my favourites pieces, the family portrait I created showing her dad portrayed as Superman. I also made a Bat Mitzvah book for her sister Emmy back in 2018. This time it was Nili's time to celebrate and mum asked me to make her a Bat Mitzvah book for her party back in June. (She decided to leave the date off the cover just in case the party had to be postponed because of Covid-19 or in case someone had to be in quarantine.)
Nili is a young makeup artist, her mum told me. She has apparently been doing professional looking makeup since she was 7 and actually did the makeup for a local amateur theatre production a couple of years ago. She also has her earphones on literally all the time, mum said, with her phone in her hand, watching Netflix. The colour scheme for her Bat Mitzvah celebration was black and gold. I used some artistic license and added a few spots of colour as well.
I showed Nili busy making a YouTube video for her channel on the cover of her album. She is surrounded by makeup, on the table in front of her and on the white shelves, like those in her bedroom, behind her. She is wearing earbuds and holding her phone, which in fact shows her YouTube channel on the screen. Finally, I added music notes in the background since mum told me that she loves singing and has a seriously beautiful voice. Some makeup brushes appear in two corners of the cover.
I decorated five pages inside Nili's album. The first page, above, showed her precious phone, with Nili herself one the screen. I also included the Netflix, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube logos. Next I added some music notes to illustrate her passion for singing. A makeup bag and more makeup appeared after that. "Oh she loves her makeup!" mum wrote to me.
The following page, which appears to have been her favourite if you have watched the video I shared at the top of this post, shows the family dogs, Aish and Belle and their cute white hamster too, below. I was already quite familiar with both dogs since Aish appeared on Emmy's album and both dogs features in the family portrait.
Mum told me that one page of Nili's Bat Mitzvah book had to have something to do with McDonald's on it. It seems that she is rather partial to their Chicken McNuggets! I cut out some of the favoured nuggets and added a small pot of tomato ketchup. Then I crafted a tiny version of the red McDonald's french fry box and made sure to add the Golden Arches, the symbol of the restaurant chain. Apparently real arches were originally part of the restaurant design. They were incorporated into the chain's logo in 1962, which resembled a stylised restaurant, and in the current Golden Arches logo, introduced 1968, resembling an "M" for "McDonald's". They are widely regarded to be one of the most recognisable logos in the world.
Mum was delighted with the book and later sent me the clip of Nili opening it. "She loooves it!!" mum wrote to me. That's all I needed to know.

PoCoLo

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That is so great! Love all the personalized details.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Love the details and the shots of her opening it!

Miss Val's Creations said...

The details are so adorable in this album. The animals and makeup must have been fun to create!

VeggieMummy said...

The album is beautiful and Nili is clearly thrilled with it in the video. I love the little white hamster! xx

jeshie2 said...

What a delightful card you made for her! Great you also showed her reaction:) Finally I am making the rounds for my new blog. Had to delete my old one. Too messy trying to fix it! (one word) living between two realms (.) wordpress (.) com Have a lovely week, Lisa

Jo (A Rose Tinted World) said...

Such lovely details, such a great idea! #MMBC

Jayne said...

Aw, it's no wonder Nili looks so made up with her Bat Mitzvah book, it's brilliant. x

Joanne said...

She sounds like such a talented young lady and you captured her creative spirit for sure. Pinned.

Fancyingfrance said...

What a fabulous album! I'm sure it will be treasured for ever. The dogs are particularly lovely - but I would think that! #pocolo

Stephanie 139a said...

what a sensible girl - how quickly we've adapted to become more flexible with our changing arrangements. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

Shareaholic