Monday 30 August 2021

17, 18 and 22

Emily was turning 17. Her mum asked me to make her a birthday card with a beach theme but also told me that Emily had been studying hard and suggested that I maybe add some books as well.
I have shown Emily holding up a big number 17. Behind her you can see a beautiful blue sea and some gorgeous golden sand. The sun is shining brightly and a couple of seagulls are flying high in the sky. Next to Emily there is an open book. I wonder if she would really be tempted to use it at the beach? 😉
Emily loved the card.
Yonatan was turning 18 and his mum asked me to make him a card as well. He rides his dad's motorbike, so she wanted me to show him holding a motorbike helmet. I was also asked to include dad's car, which Yonatan drives as well. Finally, mum sent me a copy of the invitation to Yonatan's theatre studies final show. He has just completed his te'udat bagrut (Israel's high school matriculation examination) and finished high school.
I showed Yonatan with the grey helmet tucked under his arm. Dad's white Alfa Romeo Giulietta is behind him, along with the invitation to his theatre studies show. Finally, I added a football next to Yonatan because I know he is a keen supporter. A big number 18 marks his age.
Mum wrote "I love it!".
Rebecca was turning 22 and this time it was her auntie who asked me to make a card. The theme should be charity shops, she said. She loves buying clothes and looking around the shops as a pastime. Her auntie sent me photos of the specific shops that she likes to visit and asked if I could somehow include them on the card.
I cut out a fiddly little clothes rack and added some clothes hanging from it. In front of the rack are some boxes of clothes, with a pair of shoes next to them. Photos of the various shops Rebecca likes to visit surround the rack. A big pink 22 marks her age.
Rebecca's mum wrote on Facebook, "Lisa I loved the card. Thank you".

* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun.

10 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

You always make the nicest cards and these 3 young people are lucky to receive their individualized little pieces of art. They're really little time treasures.

Kim Carberry said...

What gorgeous cards.
I especially love the one for Rebecca with the charity shop theme. x

Miss Val's Creations said...

What fun custom cards! Shopping charity shops is so much fun. We call it thrifting here. You never know what you will find!

Tom said...

...I don't think that I would want to be those ages again!

Anne said...

Three lovely cards, I hope the recipients were thrilled with them, they are all so personal. I think I like the 22 card best, what a great pastime, I used to love browsing charity shops when I was able to, you can pick up some great bargains.

VeggieMummy said...

Great cards. I love the charity shop themed one as I'm rather partial to those too! xx

Catherine said...

I love the 22 card. I'm so impressed at the time you put into making these cards and blogging about them too!

#MMBC

aspiritofsimplicity said...

They are all so beautiful. Lucky recipients.

Joanne said...

I love reading a good book at the beach! LOL. So many beautiful cards.

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

I love the beach themed 17th birthday card and the clothes rail and boxes of clothes on the 22nd birthday card. The little details on your cards are just so lovely. #MMBC

Shareaholic