Thursday 19 August 2021

Her "Lisa Card"

Back in 2018 Keshet came to spend the afternoon papercutting with me. From that year onwards her mum has asked me to make a special card for her daughter's birthday. She has been into rainbows (the name Keshet means "rainbow" in Hebrew), slime and last year I showed her giving a big thumbs up for turning 10.
This year mum told me that Keshet likes riding her bike and asked me to show her holding her bike helmet. She has her own sewing machine and, during the height of Covid-19, made hundreds of masks for one of the big hospitals here in Israel. Mum sent me a copy of the letter she received from the hospital thanking her for all her hard work. Well done Keshet! Keshet is also into drawing and diamond painting. Mum told me that she had dreams of getting an iPhone for her birthday but it was going to stay a dream. Finally, she asked me to put a pineapple on Keshet's T-shirt.
I showed Keshet holding her purple bike helmet in one hand. She has a pencil in her other hand and is putting the finishing touches to one of her actual drawings, a brilliant copy of the "Girl with a Pearl Earring". Behind her is her Brother sewing machine with a blue paisley pattern on it, together with her well-deserved letter and one of the face masks that she made. The lilac coloured iPhone that Keshet dreamt about can been seen in a dream bubble next to her. A big number 11 marks her age. Lastly I gave her a pale blue T-shirt with the much loved pineapple on it. 
I received the fabulous photo of Keshet with just some of her "Lisa Isaacs" collection, top. "Keshet loved her "Lisa Card"! Thank you!" mum wrote to me. Apparently she asked for one of my cards just before her birthday. Thankfully mum had already organised it!

PoCoLo

12 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

The card is as cute as the recipient

VeggieMummy said...

Well done Keshet on all the mask making! I love to see the interests of your customers and how you represent them in paper. Here's hoping that she gets her dream phone one day. xx

Fancyingfrance said...

Another fabulous card that obviously represents Keshet perfectly. I particularly like the phone in the bubble! #PoCoLo

Joanne said...

Oh so fun! I just love that each card you make is like a little scrapbook of that person.

NCSue said...

Keshet looks thrilled with her card! Who wouldn't be delighted to have such a delightful greeting!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/08/a-few-from-archives.html

Craft Attic Resources said...

What a great idea for personalizing cards for people. Something to keep and remember.

Kim Carberry said...

What gorgeous cards. Keshet looks very happy with them. x

Anne said...

She sounds like a lovely girl and well deserving of one of your cards. I hope she gets her wish of an iPhone soon.

Lalka Crochetka said...

beautiful card! your cards has magic power to paint smile on everyones face <3

Klaudia Zuberska said...

Hello! Great post. Very interesting and inspiring.
Your blog is amazing. It's nice to read it, but I have to translate it into my own language :) I will be happy to come here and read!
All the best! Greetings from Poland!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So sweet -- Keshet is lucky her mom can read her mind and knew in advance to order her wonderful Lisa Card!

Sharon Wagner said...

Somebody likes their card! What a smile.

Shareaholic