Monday 13 December 2021

Hana & Gary

Hana was turning 40 so her husband wrote and asked me to make a special card for her. She is a hairdresser and a teacher, he told me. She loves going to the gym, her iPhone, Instagram and jewellery. There was a lot to include but this was an extra large card, so I had plenty of room.
I showed blonde-haired Hana with her hairdryer in one hand and a dumbbell in the other. I added some running shoes as well, since running and weights are her favourite ways to exercise. Behind her is a blackboard with the words "English Lesson" chalked on it. In the foreground I added Hana's iPhone 12, some hairdressing scissors and a comb, the Instagram logo and some sparkly jewellery. Her husband wasn't sure what her favourite piece of jewellery is but said that he had just given her a gold necklace, so I made sure to add that. A big silver 40 marks Hana's age.
A few months before Hana turned 40, her husband Gary celebrated his special birthday. Hana also asked me to make him two very special cards. The first card, an extra large one, was going to be from their children. Hana asked me to show her husband with their five kids. He is a big Everton F.C. fan so I included the club's crest on the card. He is wearing a royal blue shirt, Everton's traditional home colour. Hana also told me that he enjoys playing golf and lifting weights and I had to include his iPhone and the TV remote too!
The card from Hana showed Gary enjoying a tumbler of whisky and smoking a cigar. To his right is a big 40, his Tesla electric car and some weights. On Gary's left I showed the logo of his accountancy firm along with some tiny coins. A bottle of whisky and some more cigars completed the design.
After asking Gary a few questions about Hana's card, he replied saying "Now I understand why my wife likes your work. She also likes detail!". They certainly got it in tenfold on all three cards!
* This post has been shared on The Good. The Random. The Fun.
Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

7 comments:

Kim Carberry said...

What a great cards. I love all the different things on Hana's card like the phone and scissors and Gary's card is so sweet with all of the family x

Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) said...

I do love all the details on your cards and am impressed that you managed to fit so many of them on Hana's 40th birthday card! Love how she has a dumbbell in one hand and a hairdryer in the other. Love Gary's card with all the family too. #MMBC

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Another set of great cards - you are so creative! #MMBC

VeggieMummy said...

Wow, that is a lot of things to fit on one card - well done! I love the one with all the family - definitely one to frame. xx

Anne said...

Amazing attention to detail as usual. I don't know how you manage to fit so much onto one card!

Miss Val's Creations said...

You've been busy Lisa! These cards are so fun with amazing details.
I love that we are seeing more of the electric vehicles across the globe. Teslas are showing up quite a bit on the roads where I am.

Tamar SB said...

These are so fun! Love all the special details.

Shareaholic